Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

heres my setup what do you think?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Brandon3212

Brandon3212

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted March 23 2010 - 02:51 PM

just looking for some advise, if I can change or improve anything.  Any suggestions are welcome good or bad.  Here's some pics of my system, let me know what you think.

Panasonic viera plasma and B&W 600 series front speakers with Denon 12" subwoofers
http://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/b/b9/avatar-60-1.jpg">

A wider view of the front of the room.

Sound Dynamics 700 series concert monitors for my rears (need to make some grills) the horn tweeters give them amazing dispersion making them ideal for rears because they blend in so well.  Sound MUCH better than my previous B&W DM220 rears. 

More Denon subwoofers for some rear bass support, nice and hidden when not in use [img]http://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/b/b9/avatar-60-1.jpg[/img]

Well that's about it let me know what you think or what I can improve.  The surround sound processor sounds really good but its very old so it it only supports Dolby surround.........  I am possibly thinking of replacing it someday if I find one that I really like.  Over all I really like what I have put together here but there is always ways to improve upon it and I know that there are some people that visit these forums that are much smarter than me so I figured that I would post this and see what people think.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Brandon3212

Brandon3212

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted March 23 2010 - 03:27 PM

I re-posted this thread in the Members theaters forum any one no how to delete this thread??? 

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   pamato

pamato

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted March 27 2010 - 01:48 PM

Sick system.  Movies must sound awesome

#4 of 6 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted March 29 2010 - 12:55 PM

With a sub like that, I would just do an infinite baffle. But to each his own, it must still sound amazing anyway.....12hz, wow!!

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Brandon3212

Brandon3212

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted April 05 2010 - 07:05 AM

Quote:
With a sub like that, I would just do an infinite baffle. But to each his own, it must still sound amazing anyway.....12hz, wow!!

Infinite baffle would not work with this sub, its free air resonance is not near low enough .  Infinite baffle is usually best done with drivers that are designed to work in that arrangement.

Quote:
 Sick system.  Movies must sound awesome

We watched transformers the other night and people upstairs had to hold onto there drinks so they didn't shake off the table.  We have thin floors with no in ceiling isolation so it kind of shakes everything.  I am really pleased with this new RCF subwoofer and for the price you really cant beat them!

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   kayesmith

kayesmith

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted April 06 2010 - 02:57 AM

You got a nice set up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users