Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Contemplating the UN55B8500 for Bedroom Setup.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Pistulio

Pistulio

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted March 02 2010 - 04:12 PM

I'm really looking to finally purchase my first real HDTV (excluding my HD computer monitor). I've always thought Samsung's products looked really great, sleek design and overall great technology. So I felt this TV would be a great match for me.

I'm posting this for any input or feedback on the TV choice, and more importantly to ask what other type of electronics I should get with it.

This TV will be in my bedroom for now, however will likely become the living room TV when I move.

So what kind of accessories seem to work well, best rated etc. I'm pretty descent with TV's, but AV Recievers, Blue-Ray Player, 5.1 or 7.1 speakers, etc.

Any other electronic suggestion I could get would be very helpful.

Thanks everyone! ^_^

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   ash.1111

ash.1111

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted March 03 2010 - 02:26 PM

I have a 'bedroom theatre' (see my signature for equipment) so I know where you're coming from. One day my equipment will be moving out with me too!

I recommend getting a receiver that's future proof (mine has the ability to go to 7.1, but I don't need that many speakers at the moment) and some speakers to suit your budget (and ears). You'll defiantly want to get a Blu-ray player so you can enjoy the HD image and sound!

I really don't know a huge amount about receivers and speakers so I'll let others recommend some good systems at your price point.

- Ash

- Panasonic AX-200e projector
- Panasonic BD-35 Blu-Ray player;
- Pioneer VSX-919AH receiver
- Two Dali 'Concept 1' bookshelf speakers (fronts);
- Two Panasonic speakers (backs)

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Producer

• 6,326 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted March 05 2010 - 02:44 AM

consider spending 3-10 times the amount on your speakers in proportion of what you spend on your receiver....the speaker is the main part of a quality audio system.

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current