What's new

Contemplating the UN55B8500 for Bedroom Setup. (1 Viewer)

Pistulio

Auditioning
Real Name
Shawn
I'm really looking to finally purchase my first real HDTV (excluding my HD computer monitor). I've always thought Samsung's products looked really great, sleek design and overall great technology. So I felt this TV would be a great match for me.

I'm posting this for any input or feedback on the TV choice, and more importantly to ask what other type of electronics I should get with it.

This TV will be in my bedroom for now, however will likely become the living room TV when I move.

So what kind of accessories seem to work well, best rated etc. I'm pretty descent with TV's, but AV Recievers, Blue-Ray Player, 5.1 or 7.1 speakers, etc.

Any other electronic suggestion I could get would be very helpful.

Thanks everyone! ^_^

ash.1111

Agent
Real Name
Ashley Irvine
I have a 'bedroom theatre' (see my signature for equipment) so I know where you're coming from. One day my equipment will be moving out with me too!

I recommend getting a receiver that's future proof (mine has the ability to go to 7.1, but I don't need that many speakers at the moment) and some speakers to suit your budget (and ears). You'll defiantly want to get a Blu-ray player so you can enjoy the HD image and sound!

I really don't know a huge amount about receivers and speakers so I'll let others recommend some good systems at your price point.

- Ash

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
consider spending 3-10 times the amount on your speakers in proportion of what you spend on your receiver....the speaker is the main part of a quality audio system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks