-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

how to watch tv and listen to music at the same time

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 AmusingistheDawn

AmusingistheDawn

Stunt Coordinator

• 155 posts

Posted January 05 2010 - 01:28 AM

I'm buying some new speakers for a 2 channel stereo setup.  Before I buy a separate amp to drive them, I want to use the denon 2808.  If the dish dvr uses hdmi through the denon, what is the way to keep the tv on the screen, and at the same time use the denon to power the speakers and listen to cds? 

If you ask why I want to watch tv and listen to music at the same time, it's because I like to party.

Samsung HL61A750  -PS Audio Soloist into Quintet  -Denon 2808CI  -Denon DCD-3520 (Burr-Brown OPA-627opamps & Elna Silmic II capacitors)  -Panasonic DMP-BD35K  -Dish Vip722  -Harmony One  -Klipsch KLF-20's (HT mains)  -Klipsch KLF C-7 (Crites crossover)  -Klipsch S-2's  -Klipsch RW-10 

#2 of 3 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,116 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted January 05 2010 - 04:19 AM

The Dish DVR has more than one video output.  Connect a non-HDMI output directly to the TV.

#3 of 3 AmusingistheDawn

AmusingistheDawn

Stunt Coordinator

• 155 posts

Posted January 05 2010 - 11:56 PM

Duh.  Good idea.  I just need to program my harmony remote to keep the dvr ON when switching functions.  But how do I switch which video-out I want the vip22 to use?

Samsung HL61A750  -PS Audio Soloist into Quintet  -Denon 2808CI  -Denon DCD-3520 (Burr-Brown OPA-627opamps & Elna Silmic II capacitors)  -Panasonic DMP-BD35K  -Dish Vip722  -Harmony One  -Klipsch KLF-20's (HT mains)  -Klipsch KLF C-7 (Crites crossover)  -Klipsch S-2's  -Klipsch RW-10