What's new

Up & Monsters Inc on Blu-Ray for $10.98 at Target B&M after coupons and pricematch (1 Viewer)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Instructions on what to get and do to make this deal happen

Here are the "instructions" on how to do it. Posted this on another site so I thought it might help to have it all in one post. If the original poster wants to ad this to the first post it might be good.

This is a VERY small YMMV but it should work just fine as it did for me this AM.

The deal ...

First print this off http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Up+-+Blu-ray+Disc/9506073.p?id=2019957&skuId=9506073&st=Up

Second grab your BB ad for this week

Third print this coupon from page 3 for the Target $10 off Combined purchase of Up & MI
http://offers.e-centives.com/mcp/pd.cfm?encp=CFU8eBZ0Lp0%2B5sCf44%2F81H4nHuzOLj0UKCIr66iikzg0jgaQ3L2%2F86wLCUORuFfT2iyIsuP2PFdD%0D%0AnLt76KtcOQ%3D%3D

Fourth print this $10 off Up MFR coupon http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/animatedfilms/up/couponoffer/

Fifth print log in to your Disney Movie Rewards account (it is free to sign up)
ww.disneymovierewards.com

Print your US or Canada coupon.

Now that you have all your ammo go to Target. Grab Up & Monsters Inc. on BR

Got to the Customer Service desk.

PM Up to the BB website of $19.99
PM Monsters Inc to the BB ad of $18.99 with the purchase of Up
Give them your $10.00 off combined purchase Target coupon
Give them your $10.00 off Up MFR coupon
Give them your $8.00 off Monsters Inc MFR coupon

Total is $10.98 + your local tax out the door.

Only YMMV part is getting Target to PM the BB website (I have done this many times) AND getting them to match the BB ad price of $18.99 for MI with the purchase of Up.

It really should be no problem since you are meeting all the conditions of the deal. Get the PMs done BEFORE you give coupons.

**Also if you want it you can toss in the Up Nintendo DS game for another $9.99 + tax by Pricematching this in the BB ad as well.

Good Luck and go get'em

Greg

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Many Target stores are selling UP for $19.99 so PM may not be needed; I was able to buy both it and MI for $10.98 total (+tax) by first making the purchase itself and redeeming the Target $10, UP $10, and MI $8 coupons, then with BB ad in hand, walked over to CS and had the young lady do the PM for MI w/o even noticing the fine print about the BB $18.99 MI price being valid only if you buy both it and UP; however, had she brought that little issue up I would have just argued that I pretty much did the same thing by buying both UP and MI at Target.

Note--and this is definitely a YMMV--some folks have been successful in redeeming the $10 MI peelie coupon (found on the MI cardboard sleeve) in addition to the other three coupons, thus making their final total 98 cents. Apparently the key is to purchase an additional item (seems like the POS system is set up not to accept a greater number of manufacturer coupons than there are items--this is a valid checkpoint since coupon doubling and/or stacking of manufacturer coupons is generally not permitted), plus perhaps making sure you hand over one of the manufacturer coupons AFTER the additional item is rung up...AND also hoping that the cashier does not catch the "no doubling" on the MI peelie coupon.

DennisBassi

Second Unit
Real Name
Dennis
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I had originally signed on for the $32.98 deal at Amazon, and tried to purchase it this morning only to find that the $10 discount had disappeared -- preorder only, even though it did not say that. I complained to Amazon to no avail and then went on the forum to see what my other options were. I came across this post, and followed the instructions. My Target would not honor the online Bestbuy price, but I got out the door for $13.98 so I am ecstatic!

In the meantime, Amazon emailed me back that they would honor their promotion (at 32.98) -- but too late for them! Amazon should not play so many games with their promotions. Their game playing lost them the sale this time.

Incidentally, I tried stacking coupons at Best Buy for Snow White, and they would not allow it. Next time their are multiple coupons it's Target.

Thanks again.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I never could get the 4 coupons to work even buying a couple other items, but I was able to get the $28 discount ($10.98 + tax) once and the $30 discount (8.98+ tax). Christmas shopping is getting easier by the day. Still just a killer of a deal.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by DennisBassi

My Target would not honor the online Bestbuy price, but I got out the door for $13.98 so I am ecstatic!
Dunno if it's worth your time, but if you can find a copy of BB's weekly ad you can try again (Target is pretty strict about requiring a hard copy of the actual ad when it comes to price matching); if they give you grief about BB's price being an offer-based price, just tell them that they'd essentially be matching BB's offer ($10 off MI if you buy both it and UP) since you've already bought both movies at Target.

DennisBassi

Second Unit
Real Name
Dennis
Thanks, but the flyer's price for UP was $6 higher than the online price, which is why the instructions said to use it. Luckily, the Target price came up lower than the Best Buy flyer price, and for some odd reason, lower than the TARGET flyer price!

I am happy with the $13.98 for sure.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by DennisBassi

Thanks, but the flyer's price for UP was $6 higher than the online price, which is why the instructions said to use it. Luckily, the Target price came up lower than the Best Buy flyer price, and for some odd reason, lower than the TARGET flyer price!

I am happy with the $13.98 for sure.
LOL--oh I see...I didn't notice you were talking about UP and you hadn't known beforehand that most Target stores were selling UP for $19.99...I was wondering why you were attempting to PM UP...guess I'm just a little slow on the draw!

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
I did the 10 dollar Up, 8 Dollar MI and 10 dollar UP/MI combo Target coupon and walked out with both blu rays for a little over 21 dollars.

MikeDE

Second Unit
I checked with 5 Targets in 3 states (travelling and love the phone numbers that pop up on the GPS), but none of them have Monsters Inc on blu. Up ranged in price from 19.95-22.95. Next time I'll jump on a deal like this sooner.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I guess you can still try the similar deal at BB, if there's one near you, for something like ~$21+tax after applying the Disney coupons. With BB, you can at least order online for in-store pickup -- and easily cancel the order, if you change your mind.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks