Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Several hundred Warner DVDs are going OOP

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 of 62 OFFLINE   John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi

Stunt Coordinator

• 66 posts

Posted October 22 2009 - 10:10 AM

Don't tell me both seasons of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends are out of print, or they just mean the combo pack?  I hope this doesn't mean another nail in Foster's DVD coffin.
Warners: Please release the rest of Taz-Mania, Duck Dodgers, Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries, Dexter's Lab, Courage the Cowardly Dog, all of Road Rovers, Histeria, Cow & Chicken, Saturday Pants, Pinky Elmyra & The Brain, Tiny Toons Night Ghoulery & Spring Break specials, Wakko's Wish and a complete uncut Tex Avery set (with correct colors and NO DVNR)

#62 of 62 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,614 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted October 22 2009 - 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by ahollis 

I think what we are seeing is a complete change in how DVD's will be marketed.  In the past years at both Virgin and Tower you would go into the stores starting about now and see display after display of the collections, Holiday Collection, Astaire and Rogers, The Thin Man, Paul Newman, John Wayne and Liz Taylor.  People would be carting them off by the handfuls out of those stores.  Now those outlets are gone and it just does not make any sense to hold on to those in the film companies warehouses, so the companies just get rid of the stock and don't press any more.
Yep. Add to it that it's known that at least one of the Astaire/Rogers films is being prepped for Blu-ray. Best to sell off remaining DVD stock and not print more in preparation if selling them again to the HD consumers.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users