Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Ghost Story/Circle of Fear Coming to DVD --Sort Of?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green

Supporting Actor

• 605 posts

Posted October 11 2009 - 04:56 PM

According to http://www.dvddrive-in.com, two episodes from the Ghost Story/Circle of Fear series will be included on The William Castle Film Collection as bonus features. William Castle was executive producer on the 1972-73 series.
Here's the link:
www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/t-z/williamcastleflmcollection64.htm

"Congratulations. You're still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model."

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,363 posts

Posted September 20 2013 - 07:29 PM

I bought Circle of Fear/Ghost Story when it first came out and I really like the show. The plots in many cases are well done! I also have twlight zone, night gallery and Thriller as well. It is great to see these shows again, because in many cases they were wll done!!

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 2,014 posts

Posted September 20 2013 - 08:36 PM

I bought Circle of Fear/Ghost Story when it first came out and I really like the show. The plots in many cases are well done! I also have twlight zone, night gallery and Thriller as well. It is great to see these shows again, because in many cases they were wll done!!

This is the most unusual topic bump I've ever seen.  I have been waiting on a good price.  I am still envious of those who got it for $20 from Warner Archive when it was first released.

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,160 posts

Posted September 20 2013 - 08:39 PM

This was the wrong topic to bump to talk about "Ghost Story" as it had a thread of its own when it was officially released.    I think we need to be more careful in choosing the right ones to bump when we have to.

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   hypnohighball

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts
  • LocationBattle Ground, Washington

Posted September 21 2013 - 11:39 AM

I bought this a few months ago and enjoyed a few episodes a lot, most were just OK. I had about 3 or 4 episodes on different discs <these are burned, not pressed, by the way> with really bad glitches and freezes. One episode I couldn't watch the ending! I returned it to Amazon and got a refund.

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 2,014 posts

Posted September 21 2013 - 05:36 PM

I bought this a few months ago and enjoyed a few episodes a lot, most were just OK. I had about 3 or 4 episodes on different discs <these are burned, not pressed, by the way> with really bad glitches and freezes. One episode I couldn't watch the ending! I returned it to Amazon and got a refund.

That's disturbing.  Are you sure that it was not a problem centered on your player?

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,284 posts

Posted September 21 2013 - 05:59 PM

We're coming up on that time of the year. Time to break out our copies of The Twilight Zone (All three versions) The Outer Limits, Thriller, Ghost Story/Circle of Fear, Night Gallery and any other TV Show or Movie that's "Spooky".

BTW October 31 is my Dog's favorite day of the year. (Sammy thinks all the kids in the neighborhood have come over to visit HIM!) :laugh: :rolling-smiley:

Note: @#$*&!! Fatfingers! :angry:

Edited by Regulus, September 21 2013 - 06:01 PM.

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 36,417 :biggrin: ( 757 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,424  :biggrin: Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B)

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,363 posts

Posted September 21 2013 - 06:25 PM

We're coming up on that time of the year. Time to break out our copies of The Twilight Zone (All three versions) The Outer Limits, Thriller, Ghost Story/Circle of Fear, Night Gallery and any other TV Show or Movie that's "Spooky".

BTW October 31 is my Dog's favorite day of the year. (Sammy thinks all the kids in the neighborhood have come over to visit HIM!) :laugh: :rolling-smiley:

Note: @#$*&!! Fatfingers! :angry:

You can also bring in Highway to Heaven, which had an amazing episode as well.

I also like watching the peanuts halloween episode as well!!

I have a tradition as well and that is I watch the orginal halloween movie from 1978!

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   hypnohighball

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts
  • LocationBattle Ground, Washington

Posted September 22 2013 - 12:28 PM

That's disturbing.  Are you sure that it was not a problem centered on your player?

Nope. I have a ton of Warner Archives burned dvd's and rarely have any problems.

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   mstgator

mstgator

Agent

• 25 posts
  • LocationSafety Harbor, FL

Posted September 22 2013 - 02:52 PM

We're coming up on that time of the year. Time to break out our copies of The Twilight Zone (All three versions)

You can keep your UPN version... the first two are fine though!  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users