-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Ghostbusters II info?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Lynette J

Lynette J

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted September 03 2009 - 10:52 AM

Does anyone have any info on what's going on with this title?  I've heard rumors of special features and I've heard that it will be a simple double dip with nothing extra like the last dvd giftset. 

Anybody heard anything, I'd appreciate any thoughts on the subject.

#2 of 8 Scott D S

Scott D S

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts

Posted September 03 2009 - 11:50 AM

I believe there was a Ghostbusters screening in LA to tie in with the Blu-Ray release. Ivan Reitman was in attendance and said something to the effect of, "If we can find the deleted scenes, etc. we'll include them on the disc."

But he did not indicate whether or not work was commencing on a GBII Blu-Ray or even if he had been approached to contribute.

#3 of 8 Ray_R

Ray_R

Screenwriter

• 1,559 posts

Posted September 03 2009 - 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott D S 

I believe there was a Ghostbusters screening in LA to tie in with the Blu-Ray release. Ivan Reitman was in attendance and said something to the effect of, "If we can find the deleted scenes, etc. we'll include them on the disc."

But he did not indicate whether or not work was commencing on a GBII Blu-Ray or even if he had been approached to contribute.
There's tons of stuff on behind-the-scenes for GHOSTBUSTERS II/2 (both roman numeral AND arabic has been used for this title) on YouTube. I have a bunch of them on my PC since I use Mozilla Firefox with DownloadHelper.
I'd rather have the sequel get the same exact treatment the previous entry received on Blu. I'd be one content Martian Monkey./img/vbsmilies/htf/thumbsup.gif

#4 of 8 BillBR

BillBR

Stunt Coordinator

• 58 posts

Posted September 04 2009 - 01:00 PM

Ghostbusters 2 deserves some major home video love. Ever since I pored over the official novelization and comic book adaptation (starring the Real Ghostbusters! haha) I have wanted to see the scene where Ray, possessed by Vigo, drives the Ecto-1 very dangerously through the Manhattan streets...

"I've been thinking about what we talked about before...it's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of surviving. That's all."
--Edward James Olmos

#5 of 8 Lynette J

Lynette J

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted September 05 2009 - 03:44 PM

Yeah, it just puzzles me that Sony hasn't "Special", "Collectors" or "Something!" with it.  I know it's considered the lowly sequel, etc. that most don't like but it would be like printing money to do something other than throw a bare bones BR out there.  Even those who hated it but love Ghostbusters would have to buy it.

#6 of 8 Ray_R

Ray_R

Screenwriter

• 1,559 posts

Posted September 05 2009 - 04:33 PM

What could be possible and actually very cool, is to release both GHOSTBUSTERS and GHOSTBUSTERS 2 in individual GREEN Blu-ray cases to emulate green slime. Even be nice if 2 actually got the same amount of special features 1 has.

#7 of 8 Lynette J

Lynette J

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted September 05 2009 - 07:46 PM

Well, according to the Amazon.com preorder BR giftset pics the art for GB2 is indeed green slime.  Of course this art is supposedly for the German edition and thusly isn't listed as official.  Also *another* dvd giftset with a Stay-Puft figure comes with a container of green slime and the giftset is of course all green. 

#8 of 8 Lynette J

Lynette J

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted October 03 2009 - 05:17 PM

So will this be released anytime soon?  The sd dvd set is getting rereleased on Oct. 6th so I had assumed the br set would be released the same day. 

Anybody know anything?