What's new

Ghostbusters II info? (1 Viewer)

Lynette J

Auditioning
Does anyone have any info on what's going on with this title? I've heard rumors of special features and I've heard that it will be a simple double dip with nothing extra like the last dvd giftset.

Anybody heard anything, I'd appreciate any thoughts on the subject.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I believe there was a Ghostbusters screening in LA to tie in with the Blu-Ray release. Ivan Reitman was in attendance and said something to the effect of, "If we can find the deleted scenes, etc. we'll include them on the disc."

But he did not indicate whether or not work was commencing on a GBII Blu-Ray or even if he had been approached to contribute.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Originally Posted by Scott D S /forum/thread/292420/ghostbusters-ii-info#post_3602518

BillBR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill. :)
Ghostbusters 2 deserves some major home video love. Ever since I pored over the official novelization and comic book adaptation (starring the Real Ghostbusters! haha) I have wanted to see the scene where Ray, possessed by Vigo, drives the Ecto-1 very dangerously through the Manhattan streets...

Lynette J

Auditioning
Yeah, it just puzzles me that Sony hasn't "Special", "Collectors" or "Something!" with it. I know it's considered the lowly sequel, etc. that most don't like but it would be like printing money to do something other than throw a bare bones BR out there. Even those who hated it but love Ghostbusters would have to buy it.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
What could be possible and actually very cool, is to release both GHOSTBUSTERS and GHOSTBUSTERS 2 in individual GREEN Blu-ray cases to emulate green slime. Even be nice if 2 actually got the same amount of special features 1 has.

Lynette J

Auditioning
Well, according to the Amazon.com preorder BR giftset pics the art for GB2 is indeed green slime. Of course this art is supposedly for the German edition and thusly isn't listed as official. Also *another* dvd giftset with a Stay-Puft figure comes with a container of green slime and the giftset is of course all green.

Lynette J

Auditioning
So will this be released anytime soon? The sd dvd set is getting rereleased on Oct. 6th so I had assumed the br set would be released the same day.

Anybody know anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks