75 replies to this topic

#1 of 76 Jay Taylor

Jay Taylor

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted February 14 2009 - 05:36 AM

I went to Long John Silvers for lunch and decided to try their Lobster Bites Platter. The menu on the wall clearly listed the items in the platter to include Lobster Bites, Two Fish, Cole Slaw and Fries. In OKC this platter costs $7.99 plus tax which is quite a bit for fast food.

The worker brought to my table a platter with only two fish, Cole slaw, and fries, which is about a $4.00 meal. I asked if the Lobster Bites were coming separately and she looked puzzled and said "just a minute".

Then I heard a heated discussion between all four employees with the words "Lobster Bites" occasionally popping up. A minute later, the person in charge came over to my table and told me "Sir, the Lobster Bites Platter doesn't come with Lobster Bites".

I followed him back to the counter and showed him the menu on the wall and how it has Lobster Bites clearly listed. Then I pointed out how the name Lobster Bites Platter clearly indicates the inclusion of Lobster Bites, just like an order of French Fries clearly indicates the inclusion of French Fries. He responded by showing me the list of items printed by his cash register for a Lobster Bites Platter as not listing Lobster Bites so it is not included in the order.

I didn't even bother to point out that the meal that I received is also on the menu for only about $4.00.

They argued for a while and begrudgingly told me "we'll give you the Lobster Bites". He said it in a manner as if I was getting away with something that I didn't pay for.

Unbelievable!

Do you have any Fast Food Foul-up stories?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

#2 of 76 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Advanced Member

• 10,145 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted February 14 2009 - 05:45 AM

That is so dumb.

I'd like the Whopper Meal. Oh, that doesn't come with a Whopper? Posted Image
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#3 of 76 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Advanced Member

• 10,145 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted February 14 2009 - 05:47 AM

Double post.
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#4 of 76 Bryan X

Bryan X

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted February 14 2009 - 06:34 AM

I hope you didn't get any extra "seasonings" with those lobster bites. Posted Image

#5 of 76 RobertR

RobertR

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 9,317 posts

Posted February 14 2009 - 06:53 AM

Hmm, I've been seeing commercials for a movie called Idiocracy. Sounds like these employees should have been in it.

#6 of 76 drobbins

drobbins

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted February 14 2009 - 07:59 AM

This was a few years back. I went to the local BK and ordered the hamburger with onion rings. When I received the food the onion rings were very cold. I went up and nicely asked for another serving because they were cold. The kid said no problem. He then took my onion rings and dumped them back in the basket with the other rings in the deep fryer and cooked them again. When they were finished, he gave me another order. Posted Image

#7 of 76 Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Ockeghem

• PipPipPip
  • 8,520 posts

Posted February 14 2009 - 08:43 AM

I can't recall the last time I ordered something (via drive-thru) at McDonald's and actually gotten the correct order. Now we always check our food before we drive away to be certain. Posted Image
ockeghem2.jpg

#8 of 76 Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure

Casual Enthusiast

• PipPipPip
  • 2,677 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted February 14 2009 - 09:58 AM

Do you honestly expect good service from a kid making $6 an hour? Posted Image

#9 of 76 Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 8,301 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted February 14 2009 - 11:43 AM

Since I'm not a fan of onions, tomato and mayo on my burgers, I once ordered a "plain double cheeseburger" from a Checkers. This confused the drive-thru drone who asked what I meant by "plain". "Just the cheesburger," I explained, "nothing else on it." I got two naked beef patties on a bun. Posted Image

Regards,

Joe

#10 of 76 Bryan X

Bryan X

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted February 14 2009 - 12:33 PM

Years ago as a joke, a friend of mine and I went through the McDonalds drive-thru and ordered a hamburger with all the fixings, but told them we didn't want any meat on it. That confused the hell out of them. Posted Image

#11 of 76 Stan

Stan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted February 14 2009 - 12:53 PM

Went to a local chain called Zip's and ordered onion rings with the meal.

Took a little longer than ususal. The cook mistimed things a bit and apologized for the delay. He made the onion rings to soon, so tossed them and made me a fresh order. It was at most about two minutes difference.

It was like Gordon Ramsey treatment from a fast food place. But guess where I go when I'm in the mood for fast food? Good service does pay off.
Stan

#12 of 76 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted February 14 2009 - 01:18 PM

Nothing too memorable. A couple:

My total at Wendy's came to $4.60. I gave the girl $5.10. She said, as if I was the biggest fool she had ever encountered, "What the dime for?"

I get the fajita taco combo at Taco Cabana, which is two tacos, chips and a 3oz. queso. I dip my tacos in the queso, so I order an extra queso so I won't run out. Probably 60% of the time, they forget the extra. Like Jay, the workers look like I'm running a scam when I insist they give me what I paid for.

I once ordered a "cheeseburger with nothing on it." "Do you want the cheese?"

Bryan's "special ingredients": One Christmas Day, Burger King was the only place open. I was behind a guy in line who was *screaming* at the guy. "You stupid motherf***er! I said I wanted a f***ing Whopper with Cheese, you stupid shit!" He went on and on. I don't believe in messing with somebody's food, but this guy not only had it coming, if it ever does happen, it had to have happened then. In fact, I left just so if they pissed in the fry oil or something, I wouldn't get the collateral damage.

#13 of 76 Bryan X

Bryan X

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted February 14 2009 - 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg S H
I left just so if they pissed in the fry oil or something, I wouldn't get the collateral damage.

Good thinking. Posted Image

#14 of 76 Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted February 15 2009 - 12:33 AM

This is why I avoid fast food. Not only is the food gross, but the service is horrible 9 out of 10 times.

We went to Del Taco once and ordered the family platter, which comes with 4 tacos, 2 burritos, rice, beans and chips. When we got the platter there were clearly no burritos. I went up to ask for them and the guy actually tried to charge me for two burritos. I told him that we had the family platter and he just looked at me and said " gotcha" and still tried to charge me for the burritos. I brought him up the platter and said, I shouldn't have to pay again for two burritos, becuase they should have come with the platter I already ordered. He rolled his eyes and asked me if I still wanted the burritos. I sat the platter down, asked for a refund and we left.
NO SHIRT

NO SHOES

NO SHELDON

#15 of 76 Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 8,301 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted February 15 2009 - 01:40 AM

Quote:
I once ordered a "cheeseburger with nothing on it." "Do you want the cheese?"

Hey, at least they asked you. Posted Image I just got the burgers without the cheese.

Regards,

Joe

#16 of 76 DanielKellmii

DanielKellmii

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted February 15 2009 - 02:09 AM

Jay, did you write for Sienfeld? That is a funny story.

A friend of mine owns a few Dunkin Donuts. His definition of a good employee is one that doens't steal too much. He has two cameras pointed at each register and they still try to steal. He had one employee who charged the senior discount price for everybody ordering a donut and cofee, then he would charge the regular price and keep the difference. It goes on and on.
If you do go to fast food places, don't watch "SuperSize Me."

#17 of 76 Jim_F

Jim_F

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted February 15 2009 - 02:45 AM

The savvy consumer will seek assistance:

http://www.hometheat....-911-call.html
"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember."

#18 of 76 Alf S

Alf S

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted February 15 2009 - 03:07 AM

Not so much a "foul" up...more along the line of an amusing "fowl" up label my co-workers and I spotted while eating at a local Chinese buffet last week...I couldn't reesist snapping a pic of said label...note that it's not exactly a PC label they made either. Posted Image

Posted Image
WOOSAH!.

#19 of 76 Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts

Posted February 15 2009 - 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph DeMartino
Since I'm not a fan of onions, tomato and mayo on my burgers, I once ordered a "plain double cheeseburger" from a Checkers. This confused the drive-thru drone who asked what I meant by "plain". "Just the cheesburger," I explained, "nothing else on it." I got two naked beef patties on a bun. Posted Image

Regards,

Joe

Joe,
You & I like our cheeseburgers the same way. After years of explaining, "Meat, Cheese, Bun"...I finally learned the fry-cook code.

Ask for "A cheesburger, plain & dry." It works like a charm!
"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#20 of 76 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 13,810 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted February 15 2009 - 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ockeghem
I can't recall the last time I ordered something (via drive-thru) at McDonald's and actually gotten the correct order. Now we always check our food before we drive away to be certain. Posted Image
"They fuck you at the drive-thru, okay? They fuck you at the drive-thru! They know you're gonna be miles away before you find out you got fucked! They know you're not gonna turn around and go back, they don't care. So who gets fucked? Ol' Leo Getz! Okay, sure! I don't give a fuck! I'm not eating this tuna, okay?"

- Leo Getz, Lethal Weapon 2

Sorry, had to be quoted.

Back to After Hours Lounge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow