What's new

Fast Food Foul-ups (1 Viewer)

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor

Thanks Daniel. I'm not nearly talented enough to dream up a story like that. Such a ridiculous situation had to actually happen for a crappy writer like me to write about it.

Unbelievably all four of the employees were adults. I kept thinking that the assistant manager is going to be burdened for the rest of his life knowing that he actually told a customer "Sir, the Lobster Bites Platter doesn't come with Lobster Bites." But then he probably sleeps like a baby knowing that his omniscient cash register will never steer him wrong.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
One of my first jobs was working at Burger King. Not a bad job for a kid, really. I had fun and learned some work ethic etc. Not sure if that happens anymore...but anyway.

Indeed there is a meat-less burger. It was called the Veggie-Whopper, which was a Whopper with no meat. You could, and may still be able to, order that. There was also the Mustard Whopper which swapped out mustard for the ketchup and mayo. There was a few others that I just can't recall.

Keep in mind, these were not on the menu, but since you can order a Whopper however you want you can get some pretty neat burgers!

My favorite was the Triple Whopper. I dont think I could do that today. That is only for the young and strong of arteries!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, I've been getting the Mustard Whopper Jr. for years. I think it might have been on the menu at some point, because I wouldn't have come up with that phrase on my own.

I can't get "Sir, the Lobster Bites Platter doesn't come with Lobster Bites" out of my head. I've been thinking about that moron all day. :crazy:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

The goofball is probably still thinking, "why did he want to be bitten by a lobster"? ;)

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
At a local Sonic, if you order a cheeseburger with ketchup only, you won't get any cheese. Occasionally, you won't get any meat, either. On one occasion, we got a bun with ketchup and two pickles. What confusion of ideas goes on in someone's head to produce that kind of result?

DaveMcS

Second Unit
My bosses "tea with extra milk" from the Dunkin Donuts downstairs consisted for a large black coffee with two teabags in it...
If you ever get your order correct out of that place its a miracle. Strangely enough the DD around the corner (under Emerson's dorm building) is staffed by pleasant folks who actually care about giving you the correct order and it's actually owned by the same franchisee

Go figure!

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I have always wanted to order a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with out the bread to see what they do. ;)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yep, the Veggie Whopper was pretty standard at my restaurant, too.

I liked the ones that requested variations in the cooking of the meat patty. Some wanted it extra well done, so we'd run it thru the broiler twice. It was basically a charcoal briquette when it was done. One guy liked his still bloody, so we'd speed up the broiler chain and run it thru in about half the normal cooking time. Don't know if they can still serve the rare burgers in today's market.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
The most recent fast food snafu I encountered was when at McD's, I ordered a Mega Big Mac meal, and got a regular Big Mac only. (A Mega Big Mac has four beef patties in it instead of the usual two.) Fortunately I was eating in, so was able to get it changed easily, but given that the store is also a drive-through on the way home, I had considered taking it out, and I was "lucky" that I'd decided to take my time and eat in.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I've managed to curb the family fast food consumption down significantly so it doesn't happen so much any more, but whenever we got our order wrong it was on MY food. Every single time. Didn't matter what I ordered or where, if something was wrong it was mine. It's one of my many curses. For example I prefer my Wendy's burgers plain, then I add salt and pepper. You'd think it'd be hard to screw up a plain burger but I've received it every way possible. It's gotten so I can tell by the burger's heft if there is so much as a smear of ketchup on the thing. Even if I go to McDonald's and say "Two hamburgers, large fries" I'll end up with cheeseburgers.

troy evans

Screenwriter
Well whatya know, some fellow BK alumni here. I worked for Burger King while going to school. We used to fry onions in the deep fryer and eat em on our sandwiches, the crew that is. I used to love Dbl Whop/Chz only ketchup and onion with fries and a ton of ketchup. I love ketchup! My favorite customers were the ones who would order in drive-thru and at the end they would tell me, " that's to go". Yeah, no shit.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
While working on the boardwalk in Wildwood NJ we were selling
chipwiches, we had 2 flavors chocolate and vanilla.

A customer asked for 3 chipwiches, 2 choc and 2 vanilla.
I argued with her for about 5 minutes before i gave up and
just gave her and charged her for the 4 chipwiches.

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
Years ago, I ordered pizza for the wife and I. After an hour had passed I called the delivery place to see if they had forgot our order. They assured me it was on the way. Ten minutes later a guy on a motorcycle pulled up and released the bunji cord securing our pizza and came to the door where I was waiting. The box was V shaped and the Pizza was mangled to the lid. I refused the pizza called the place back, described the situation and said I wanted no pizza from them ever again. Still hungry, we called another pizza joint. This pizza was in fact, delivered in about 25 minutes. One problem, there was a slice missing which I showed the delivery guy. He just said sorry and left. I called that place back and complained about what had just been delivered. It must have been the owner because he applogised at length before hanging up. We ate the pizza, and before we were finished the doorbell rang. The manager from the first place was at the door with a free pizza and a coupon for an additional pizza at a later date. I took the pizza. a few minutes later the owner from the second place rang the doorbell with another pizza and a very sincere appology.
True story.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
My dad ordered "Eight cheese Krystals", it was a little pricey but he paid and we left. For the next 30 minutes we pigged out on a bag of eightTEEN plain Krystal burgers. :D We still laugh at that one.

A month ago I ordered a pizza from Pizza Hut. Ours is usually the best place to get franchise pizza here. I started eating, felt it was okay but something was missing. They didn't put any tomato sauce on it. I didn't even find any around the edges. $15 for round bread with cheese and sausage on it. :D

I've had good service before. I got a bean burrito from Taco Bell when I wanted a beef one. The manager was very apologetic and saw to it personally that I got the correct order. He also gave me some coupons for some free food. Hopefully that worker is doing a higher paying job somewhere. We used to get free pizza all the time since my mom and dad would complain at the drop of a hat, a little over cooked, wrong topping, too cold...whatever! Mom was on the phone: "let me speak to the manager, please!!"

I wish my mother and sister where within ear shot. They probably have a long list of stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks