Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

Will Paramount Release Season 2 Of Cannon On DVD?


  • You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 of 47 MCCLOUD

MCCLOUD

    Advanced Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 23 2008

Posted January 29 2009 - 12:39 PM

Does anyone know if Paramount will continue releasing Cannon on DVD?

Thanks!

Robert

#2 of 47 cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

    Advanced Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • Join Date: Mar 24 2008

Posted January 29 2009 - 12:44 PM

I sure hope so. I am enjoying rewatching these great shows. And season 2 was a half season, so no vol 1 and 2 for season 2. Plus I hope we get vol 2 of season 2 of Mod Squad soon.

#3 of 47 cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

    Advanced Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • Join Date: Mar 24 2008

Posted January 29 2009 - 12:52 PM

Heck, where is season 4 of Diagnosis Murder?

#4 of 47 Dan McW

Dan McW

    Advanced Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 12 2004

Posted January 29 2009 - 02:26 PM

Every season of Cannon had 24 or 25 episodes, so each season on DVD will probably be split.

By the way, I know some people on the HTF have been disappointed in the picture quality of the Cannon episodes, but AFAIK every episode is complete and contains the original music. That's certainly more than you can say for a lot of TV on DVD these days.

#5 of 47 Corey3rd

Corey3rd

    Advanced Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts
  • Join Date: Feb 24 2007

Posted January 29 2009 - 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunhillbilly
I sure hope so. I am enjoying rewatching these great shows. And season 2 was a half season, so no vol 1 and 2 for season 2. Plus I hope we get vol 2 of season 2 of Mod Squad soon.

You're thinking Jake and the Fatman.
come see the reviews at
http://thedvdlounge.com/

and the Seinfeld Tour Bus

#6 of 47 cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

    Advanced Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • Join Date: Mar 24 2008

Posted January 30 2009 - 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey3rd
You're thinking Jake and the Fatman.
You are right. My bad.Posted Image Posted Image

#7 of 47 mannix

mannix

    Advanced Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Join Date: Oct 26 2006

Posted January 31 2009 - 03:50 AM

They better

#8 of 47 MCCLOUD

MCCLOUD

    Advanced Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Join Date: Jan 23 2008

Posted February 01 2009 - 04:27 AM

I agree that it is disappointing that Paramount didn't release Cannon with the same great picture quality as Streets of San Francisco, Hawaii Five-O, etc. However Cannon does look good and it is the best the show has ever looked and may ever look. Thanks Paramount for releasing Cannon and please release the whole Cannon series on DVD!

Robert

#9 of 47 cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

    Advanced Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • Join Date: Mar 24 2008

Posted February 01 2009 - 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCLOUD
I agree that it is disappointing that Paramount didn't release Cannon with the same great picture quality as Streets of San Francisco, Hawaii Five-O, etc. However Cannon does look good and it is the best the show has ever looked and may ever look. Thanks Paramount for releasing Cannon and please release the whole Cannon series on DVD!

Robert


I agree. Please release the whole Cannon series and all of Jake and the Fatman, too.

#10 of 47 Jeff*H

Jeff*H

    Advanced Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 10 2004
  • Real Name:Jeff
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted February 01 2009 - 04:56 AM

I'm in for as many as they can give us!
Facebook members, be sure to visit my Hawaii Five-0 Celebration page:  http://www.facebook....113331868678710

#11 of 47 70sTVlover

70sTVlover

    Advanced Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Join Date: Nov 04 2006

Posted February 09 2009 - 06:51 AM

Season 2 of Jake and the Fatman was announced today but no sign of Cannon...

#12 of 47 cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

    Advanced Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • Join Date: Mar 24 2008

Posted February 09 2009 - 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sTVlover
Season 2 of Jake and the Fatman was announced today but no sign of Cannon...

Doesn't mean a thing. They may announce it in a few days.

#13 of 47 Nick Zbu

Nick Zbu

    Advanced Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 06 2006

Posted February 19 2009 - 03:47 AM

I hope so, the show is oddly addicting. I bought the first part of Season 1 on a whim and tore through half the set in a night. For some reason, William Conrad comes off as a lovable jerk. I'm not sure why.

#14 of 47 Jeff*H

Jeff*H

    Advanced Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 10 2004
  • Real Name:Jeff
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted February 19 2009 - 05:40 AM

I have been enjoying this show immensely, but I'm not holding my breath on further releases. I know that Streets of San Francisco has been abandoned, along with what appears to be The Untouchables, Mork and Mindy, Laverne and Shirley and several other CBS/P releases.
Facebook members, be sure to visit my Hawaii Five-0 Celebration page:  http://www.facebook....113331868678710

#15 of 47 Nick Zbu

Nick Zbu

    Advanced Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Join Date: Jul 06 2006

Posted February 19 2009 - 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff*H
I have been enjoying this show immensely, but I'm not holding my breath on further releases. I know that Streets of San Francisco has been abandoned, along with what appears to be The Untouchables, Mork and Mindy, Laverne and Shirley and several other CBS/P releases.

I think the problem there is the whole half season issue. While it works for some releases--THE FUGITIVE--it does not work well for others. FUGITIVE has a strong following that is used to the restoration that could excuse the half-season sets, but the rest are playing against the current notion that says a consumer should be getting a season or more for the $30 price that a lot of these carried.

To be fair, I'm not sure if the costs of those discontinued sets are due to rights or restoration, but CBS/Paramount should have given them a full-season run to see if that trend continued. $40 for a full season might have gone over better than $30 for half of that.

#16 of 47 Michael Rogers

Michael Rogers

    Advanced Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Join Date: Dec 31 2005

Posted February 19 2009 - 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan McW
Every season of Cannon had 24 or 25 episodes, so each season on DVD will probably be split.

By the way, I know some people on the HTF have been disappointed in the picture quality of the Cannon episodes, but AFAIK every episode is complete and contains the original music. That's certainly more than you can say for a lot of TV on DVD these days.

They are old transfers but I don't mind them at all.

#17 of 47 jamoon2006

jamoon2006

    Advanced Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Join Date: Apr 23 2007

Posted February 19 2009 - 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff*H
I have been enjoying this show immensely, but I'm not holding my breath on further releases. I know that Streets of San Francisco has been abandoned, along with what appears to be The Untouchables, Mork and Mindy, Laverne and Shirley and several other CBS/P releases.

Has Streets been abandoned? I feel like Season 2, Volume 2 came out not too long ago...maybe it's going to be announced in the next wave?

#18 of 47 Jeff*H

Jeff*H

    Advanced Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 10 2004
  • Real Name:Jeff
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted February 19 2009 - 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamoon2006
Has Streets been abandoned? I feel like Season 2, Volume 2 came out not too long ago...maybe it's going to be announced in the next wave?

I talked to someone at CBS/P who confirmed that there are no more releases scheduled for this year.
Facebook members, be sure to visit my Hawaii Five-0 Celebration page:  http://www.facebook....113331868678710

#19 of 47 cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

    Advanced Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • Join Date: Mar 24 2008

Posted February 19 2009 - 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff*H
I talked to someone at CBS/P who confirmed that there are no more releases scheduled for this year.

What did they say about Cannon?

#20 of 47 Jeff*H

Jeff*H

    Advanced Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • Join Date: Jun 10 2004
  • Real Name:Jeff
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted February 19 2009 - 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunhillbilly
What did they say about Cannon?

Didn't ask about Cannon but the next time I talk to them I will ask.
Facebook members, be sure to visit my Hawaii Five-0 Celebration page:  http://www.facebook....113331868678710


Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


Forum Nav Content I Follow