What's new

Emergency Season 6 (The Final Season) (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I was just doing some research and I'd hate to tell everyone this but don't expect Emergency Season 6, the final season, until, at least, January 2010. If the past is any prologue, Universal has been releasing the Emergency Season sets every January or February and you can expect the last season in 2010.

erkkimies

Auditioning
Real Name
erkki kekkonen
sad to hear that =/ really liked the show. Well need get something different to watch till waiting.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
How exactly did the 6 2 parters get worked into the series? Was this a lost half season that got stretched out over 78-79 or were the 2 hour "reunion" movies made after the series went off the air?

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
He's wrong, don't expect the series to finish until early 2011.

The show concluded through 1977 to 1979 with 6 two hour movies. The first movie had the entire Emergency! cast, while the last 5 movies just had Johnny and Roy as I recall. They were produced after the regular run of the show ended.

They included things like a couple of episodes where they're visting paramedics in different cities to share information and assist each other's paramedic programs, where they do things like help when a ferry burst into flames in Puget Sound and such. Last movie has Johnny and Roy looking back at their career after getting promoted to captains, with a lot of highlight clips from the series.

In reality, the show is 7 seasons long when you include those movies. Toss in the crossover episode of Sierra, maybe a couple of selected episodes of the Emergency +4 cartoon, and these 6 movies, and you have a pretty decent season 7 DVD set. Better yet, toss in the entire cartoon, it didn't have many episodes.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
But the question is, WILL we get the movies? Time will tell. Unfortunately we'll have to wait till late 2010-early 2011 to find out

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have the first five season of emergency! on dvd and can not wait for the final season to be released. I also like to see them release Emergency! +4 cartoon, because it was also a good series in 70s for kids.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I forgot about that cartoon version. Wow! Hopefully they'll get around to that. I'll buy it even though I have yet to buy more than Season 1. Emergency is one of my most wanted complete shows. Cartoon=icing on the cake (semi-sweet so it don't mess up my blood sugars).

medicswife

Auditioning
Real Name
Christy Fagg
They made a cartoon of this too? Sorry, I wasn't even born until 78, so I'm just watching these for the first time. I bought seasons 1-5 for my husband for christmas. My hubby is a paramedic and loves this show. We're waiting for season 6 to come out.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
yes, there was a cartoon called emergency + 4.

EMERGENCY! +4 was built around a fictional exploits of the Paramedical Rescue Service on the Los Angeles County Fire Department. In this animated spin-off from the prime time siren-drama EMERGENCY! (NBC, 1972-1977), Kevin Tighe and Randolph Mantooth voiced their self-likenesses as Squad 51 paramedics. The plus four were Carol and Matt, a sister and brother, and the boys Jason and Randy, a group of youngsters trained in life-saving techniques. Together with their pets, the dog Flash, Myna bird

Season #6 is very good one. I like the episode that both DeSoto and Gage are stranged when the bridge is washed out. The show also came back through a series of movies with the final movie being a tribute to emergency! as Gage and DeSoto are promoted to captain.

My dad was fireman for 30 years and love this show along with third watch as shows that showed the trauma that emergency workers encounter on a daily basis. There was another show that came out in the 1980s called code red, but, it only lasted about one season and starred Lorne Greene.

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
So we are looking at least 4 releases to get the whole series...? Maybe. The only news about this release is bad news. I will be amazed if this whole series comes to dvd. They keep canceling or postponing it.

The moderators of this site have requested specifics about this release package and to date we have not seen it. I'm sorry, but what kind of outfit operates like this? Either release it or not but get your act together.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
What are you talking about? It can't be Emergency! because it's nearly done and there have never been any delays or cancellations of announced releases as far as I can recall. It's been released pretty regularly on an annual schedule since season 1 was released in 2005.

We're just awaiting season 6, which past history tells us a release announcement is imminent for early 2010, and 6 two hour post season 6 movies which everyone expects to see released in January 2011 to wrap up the series.

If you're talking about the Emergency! +4 cartoon, it could easily be accomplished in one set. I wouldn't hold your breath though. They've never indicated any interest in bringing it to market and there's many other series they're sitting on that would easily do far better that they've never attempted to release or quit way before they finished.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I agree with you, Leo. Emergency +4 would be great to see on dvd, but, i am not holding my breath. i just like to see them complete the original emergency! series. I can live without the movies, because they were kind of cheesy, except for the Greatest Rescues of Emergency!.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I'd like to see BOTH the Emergency +4 Animated Series and the short-lived spinnoff series Sierra included in a future release!

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I presume that a moderator probably merged the thread he created into this one after reading that response.

Suzy3852

Auditioning
Real Name
susan ramsey
[SIZE= 16px]Just to let you know season 6 of Emergency is not the last season. There was 1 more season but only 18 episodes. It's not out yet but I have gone to 2 places to be notified whenever it does come out. One company I use to buy tv series is reasonable prices and they do have all 6 seasons of Emergency [link removed by moderator]. They have all of them for $84. They also have other tv shows cheaper than that. I have bought from this place and they will deliver your dvds without any trouble. One of the places you can be notified is www.amazon.com. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 16px]You can watch this show on netlfix if your with them. if not just join. its $9 a month for 1 movie at a time. have to d/l the media player and its free to watch movies there. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 16px]season 7 only had 8 episodes not 18. its not out yet but i did sign up at amazon.com to be notified whenever it comes out.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 16px][Suzy: Please see the notice at the top of this forum area. We do not allow links to any site that sells bootlegs. - Moderator][/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks