Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Subwoofer doesn't work...??

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   $L1ckr4y

$L1ckr4y

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted January 03 2009 - 08:26 AM

So thank God, I finally received my subwoofer last night. It was the proudest moment of my life Posted Image . However, after hooking it up with my yamaha RX-V595a receiver, I can't get any NO sound out of my subwoofer. I hooked them up properly, I activate the subwoofer channel on my subwoofer, turned it up the volume level to 5, and the power light on subwoofer lit up. FYI: i have BIC active subwoofer 12". One thing that i'm not sure though, since I was lazy to go to Radioshack to get some RCA subwoofer cable, I used the regular RCA cable ....like the red and white ones. Is there a difference between RCA subwoofer cable and RCA audio (red and white) cable....??? I'm sorry guys, i'm a total newbie when it comes to this home theatre stuff. PLease help, I really want to get my subwoofer started Posted Image.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   troy evans

troy evans

Screenwriter

• 1,294 posts

Posted January 03 2009 - 06:31 PM

Did you go into the Yamaha receivers menu and select the subwoofer "Yes" setting in speaker settings section?
" I think it's time we go to plan B". "What's plan B?" "That's the one where we don't do something stupid".

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Robb Roy

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor

• 711 posts

Posted January 04 2009 - 05:00 AM

No, there's no difference between the cables. Check out Common Subwoofer Set-Up Errors by Edward J M and go through each point carefully.

-Robb

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   $L1ckr4y

$L1ckr4y

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted January 10 2009 - 10:35 AM

nvm guys, but thanks anyways i found out what was wrong with it. lets just i'm a dumb idiot by not turning the power ON Posted Image ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users