What's new

Subwoofer doesn't work...?? (1 Viewer)

$L1ckr4y

Auditioning
Real Name
Raymond
So thank God, I finally received my subwoofer last night. It was the proudest moment of my life :P . However, after hooking it up with my yamaha RX-V595a receiver, I can't get any NO sound out of my subwoofer. I hooked them up properly, I activate the subwoofer channel on my subwoofer, turned it up the volume level to 5, and the power light on subwoofer lit up. FYI: i have BIC active subwoofer 12". One thing that i'm not sure though, since I was lazy to go to Radioshack to get some RCA subwoofer cable, I used the regular RCA cable ....like the red and white ones. Is there a difference between RCA subwoofer cable and RCA audio (red and white) cable....??? I'm sorry guys, i'm a total newbie when it comes to this home theatre stuff. PLease help, I really want to get my subwoofer started :D.

troy evans

Screenwriter
Did you go into the Yamaha receivers menu and select the subwoofer "Yes" setting in speaker settings section?

$L1ckr4y

Auditioning
Real Name
Raymond
nvm guys, but thanks anyways i found out what was wrong with it. lets just i'm a dumb idiot by not turning the power ON :laugh: ....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks