What's new

Onkyo 706 Audio Drop (1 Viewer)

Floyd

Agent
I just bought the Onkyo 706 from One Call for $536 and I love it. It was easy to set up and the speaker calibration worked great. The distance measurements were right on. I run my HD DVD and DirecTV HD signals via HDMI 1.3 and I had zero problems setting it up. THEN, I kept noticing a momentary audio drop off and assumed it was the DirecTV signal, so I tested it with a DVD. Unfortunately, it still happens. It is a very short drop with no indication on the 706 that signal was lost, but it is very annoying and definitely interrups your listening pleasure. Has anyone had this problem? Is there a different setting I should have it on? I don't want to return it, if I do not have to. I really am happy with the unit except for that AND it needs another fan inside for cooling.
Thanks.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
If you're pretty sure it's the receiver dropping the audio, contact Onkyo or One Call, and get it taken care of. Probably easier now than later. You can get a bad one of anything, but if a second one does it too something is wrong. Let us know if a second one does it too........
Good luck!

Maybe a solder joint loosened during shipping? Could be anything.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks