What's new

Simon and Simon Season 2: Coming Soon - DVD Cover Art (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I have to admit that I had vaguely remembered this show when it was on television. When Magnum finished its DVD releases I decided to pick up Simon and Simon Season 1 because it was on sale for around $30, purchased it from Borders earlier this year. I kind of hem-hawed around watching an episode here and there but about two months ago I had decided to sit down and watch the entire First Season straight through and ... I have to admit, it's become one of my semi-favourite shows.

Now that Season 2 is being released. Oh, you know it. I hope that Shout Factory continues to release the rest of the series to DVD and to add them to my ever growing Universal Library of television shows.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I think Magnum and Simon & Simon make for an outstanding back to back viewing lineup. I believe they did air back 2 back for a period of time aswell, but i am not 100% sure i am remembering correctly. I am soooo looking forward to Season 2.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
I hope it sells like hot cakes. Then Universal will feel stupid for licensing it out. Here's to hoping all 8 seasons get released!

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

I totally agree!!
Everyone out there who is a fan of the show, should do two things:

A: If they're financially able to, purchase season 2 as soon as it's out
B: Email Shout! And tell them thanks for giving this excellent show a 2nd chance, and we all hope to see the entire 8 seasons released!!

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
I received "Simon@Simon -Season2" today.
Universal released it in Italy.
Therefore, for all Americans who don´t want to wait until February, you can order Season 2 in Italy.
The episodes have English and Italian as languages. No subtitles!!!!!

I forgot something.
You must have a codefree DVD player, of course.....

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Cool, good to see it up there aswell. I was hoping for a better price on this, more in the neighborhood of $27.99 to $30 range. But i am not going to complain here. I am just going to be happy it is coming out and buy it.

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
I´ve got the Season 2 Italian box from Universal and here are only 22 episodes on it.
I looked at the Internet Movie Database and "Simon@Simon-Season 2" had actually 23 episodes, so one episodes is missing.
The pilot is divided into two episodes like as it is listed in the Internet Movie Database.
I hope for you US-Fans that Scout Factory will release all 23 episodes.
I will which episode is missing on the Italian box and then I will post it here.

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
Pirate´s Key is the original pilot episode.
It is listed in your link as a one episode but it was a 90 minutes episode.
On Season 2 from Italy they have divided the episode in 2 parts but nevertheless there are only 22 episodes on the Italian discs.
So, if your link shows 22 episodes and the Italian discs are divided into 2 parts fpr the pilot episode, it must be 23 episodes on the discs!

Todd Stout

Screenwriter

The two shows did air back to back for several seasons (if not their entire run... I don't recall) on Thursday nights. Magnum was on at 8:00 and Simon & Simon followed at 9:00 (at least in the L.A. area).

I'm so glad that Shout Factory is releasing season 2. I hope the remaining seasons will follow.

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
I´ve just checked it out.
Episode 20 "The Secret of the Chrone Eagle" isn´t on the Season 2 Italian Box from Universal.
So I was right that one episode is missing but that doesn´t matter to me because this epsiode is on the Season 1 box as a bonus feature.
I´ve got the US-Box Season 1.
So you US-folks should be prepared....-maybe episode 20 on Season 2 (The Secret of the Chrome Eagle) won´t be on the disc.
But if you´re lucky Shout Factory will put it on........

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Mr Pacino, you're making broad assumptions. Just because it isn't included on the Season 2 Italian set you're making assumptions for Region1 sets? Everyone knows that if certain content is objectionable in other countries, that studios sometimes either edit out the offending material or remove it from the set.

Region 1 releases always contain all of the episodes unless the episode in question has been licensed for released by another company/studio or is part of music rights distribution problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks