Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Chuck season 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
606 replies to this topic

#1 of 607 NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,583 posts

Posted August 28 2008 - 01:05 AM

I posted this news at the end of the Season 1 thread so people there would see it. I think it is a good way to start the Season 2 thread. I just saw this news from NBC Goes All the Way With 'Chuck' - TVWeek - News

Quote:
NBC is giving a big thumbs-up to “Chuck.”

The network said it has ordered the back nine episodes of Josh Schwartz’s Warner Bros. TV-produced spy comedy, ensuring a full second season of at least 22 episodes of the show.

NBC made the order after viewing the first six episodes of “Chuck’s” second season.
So, it looks quite promising for the new season. I hope the ratings will match the enthusiasm that NBC has for it right now and we actually will see all these episodes.

Neil

#2 of 607 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted August 28 2008 - 09:05 AM

Sounds like great news! Maybe this isn't what it means, but it sounds like the first six knocked their socks off. Last season was consistently great, even with the strike, so I hope they keep it at that level.

When does this come back? I had to get a new DVR at the end of the last season, so very few of my shows are set up to record. I was a little shocked to find that Prison Break will start in four days (almost missed recording it), and that Pushing Daisies won't be on until October!

#3 of 607 Joe_H

Joe_H

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted August 28 2008 - 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H
Sounds like great news! Maybe this isn't what it means, but it sounds like the first six knocked their socks off. Last season was consistently great, even with the strike, so I hope they keep it at that level.

When does this come back? I had to get a new DVR at the end of the last season, so very few of my shows are set up to record. I was a little shocked to find that Prison Break will start in four days (almost missed recording it), and that Pushing Daisies won't be on until October!

After seeing in the Prison Break thread that that's coming back so soon, I found this, which might be of use to you as well:

Fall 2008 TV Premiere Dates | Daemon's TV

#4 of 607 DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,435 posts

Posted August 28 2008 - 10:58 AM

Great news! I wish that season one on Blu-ray was coming out sooner. It would've been nice to go through it before season one.

#5 of 607 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted August 28 2008 - 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_H
After seeing in the Prison Break thread that that's coming back so soon, I found this, which might be of use to you as well:

Thanks! I've been wanting that information, and here it is in one place. Looks like Chuck is Sept. 29.

#6 of 607 Rocky F

Rocky F

Second Unit

• 371 posts

Posted August 29 2008 - 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_H

Going off topic a bit, but that list has a few out-of-date dates on it. Not that I care about any of these shows but "The Moment of Truth" has been pulled off the schedule and replaced with "Hole in the Wall," "Survivor" has been pushed back a week to Sept. 25, and "Stylista" has been moved up a week to Oct. 22.

And back on topic, I'm really looking forward to the return of Chuck! Posted Image
Rocky

#7 of 607 Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker

Screenwriter

• 1,006 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted September 02 2008 - 07:25 AM

Apparently NBC will be putting episode(s) of Chuck on Hulu before they are available on the regular broadcast network.

Hulu Getting NBC Shows Before TV Does

It isn't clear if this will be just for the first episode or continue on through the entire season.

-Keith
As far as I'm concerned, it's a damned shame that a field as potentially dynamic and vital as journalism should be overrun with dullards, bums, and hacks, hag-ridden with myopia, apathy, and complacence, and generally stuck in a bog of stagnant mediocrity. - Hunter S. Thompson, 1958, from cover letter he wrote for a newspaper job.

#8 of 607 Scott_J

Scott_J

Screenwriter

• 2,635 posts

Posted September 02 2008 - 01:55 PM

Per TVWeek, NBC is putting the season premieres of five shows, including Chuck, on Hulu and NBC.com a week before they air on TV. Just the premieres, no other episodes.

#9 of 607 Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,241 posts

Posted September 15 2008 - 04:27 AM

Just whipped through Season 1 and it quickly has become a favourite. Great cast and really enjoyed the geek references scattered throughout the episodes.

It will be interesting to see if TPTB are going to keep the show within its current framework or will they break out of it and move in new directions. ie will they keep the divisions between Chuck's two worlds separate.

This tension between the two worlds and between Chuck and Sara must be carefully managed or the show will jump the shark, or nuke the fridge, in a heartbeat.

Also Baldwin's character with his standing order to terminate Chuck once the new Intersect is up can be played for only so long too. This story thread could be used as a great opportunity for the show to really shakes things up if they decide to.

I love the humour of the show but would not mind if they played things a little more serious at times. It would be great to have an episode where the consequences of what happens in one world carried over to another. ie if Chuck was seriously injured saving Sarah and John.

Can't wait for Season 2.
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

#10 of 607 Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,241 posts

Posted September 16 2008 - 03:19 PM

Cool - Michael Duncan Clarke guest stars in the first episode of Season 2.

#11 of 607 Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,241 posts

Posted September 21 2008 - 03:14 PM

Further guest stars lined up include John Larroquette, Melinda Clarke, Michael Strahan, Nicole Richie, Bruce Boxleitner, & Morgan Fairchild.

Also Tony Hale (Buster on “Arrested Development”) arrives in Episode 5 to play Emmett Milbarge, the Buy More’s new assistant manager.

The show's budget must have been increased for the second season.

#12 of 607 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,617 posts

Posted September 29 2008 - 02:15 AM

Chuck returns for its 2nd season tonight on NBC in the 8 p.m. EDT timeslot.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#13 of 607 Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,241 posts

Posted September 29 2008 - 08:52 AM

Saw it. Enjoyed it. Really looking forward to the rest of the season.

#14 of 607 DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,435 posts

Posted September 29 2008 - 09:50 AM

So has everyone seen the promo for this season? It promotes all the "new," but I was surprised that they would promote "new underwear." I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, I'm just saying...

#15 of 607 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted September 29 2008 - 10:14 AM

I haven't seen it, but I hope it's in reference to either Sarah or Ellie.

#16 of 607 DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,435 posts

Posted September 29 2008 - 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H
I haven't seen it, but I hope it's in reference to either Sarah or Ellie.

The video with the graphics and audio was of Sarah, but you know how marketing works. Posted Image

#17 of 607 DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,435 posts

Posted September 29 2008 - 04:01 PM

No comments on the show yet? I thought it was quite enjoyable and it is nice to have it back. It was a bit uneven and almost choppy at times. They seemed to be trying a little too hard to have a "big" season premiere, but there were still plenty of good movements.

#18 of 607 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,035 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted September 29 2008 - 05:25 PM

Definitely seemed to have a bigger budget with some of the 007-esque gadgets and what not. I enjoyed the new credits sequence that was in keeping with the style of the first season credits but expanded to include the greater supporting cast.

The beginning was rough because it was written as a de-facto second pilot, which meant a lot of explaining that which is obvious to any regular viewer. If it expands the audience and keeps the show on the air, though, I'm all for it.

I loved seeing Casey's internal struggle over killing Chuck, to the point where we weren't sure if he would have gone ahead with it -- only to have not only the new Intercept blow up, but also the leadership that had been advising them. If you're going to negate the corner you've written yourself into, at least do it in a big, consequential way.

#19 of 607 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,617 posts

Posted September 30 2008 - 12:01 AM

The Buy More stuff is more entertaining at times than the actual spy stuff.

Bye Tony Todd.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#20 of 607 NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,583 posts

Posted September 30 2008 - 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun
Bye Tony Todd.
That was a surprise.

I know they did it for some conflict and extra humor, but I just can't see them giving the order to eliminate Chuck before they've tested the new Intersect. Besides that, it was a very entertaining episode with some great laugh out loud and cheer out loud moments.

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow