What's new

Lawrence of Arabia 2 Disc Repackaged? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Job

Agent
Real Name
Jeff Job
I may have missed a previous discussion around this release, but I wanted to confirm: Is the recent 2 disc release of LOA a straight repackage of the original 2 disc version, or does it use the Superbit transfer? I haven't been able to find a definitive answer. I own both the original 2 disc and the Superbit, so I'd like to know before plunking down my money again.

mike kaminski

Second Unit
Real Name
mike kaminski
I don't have it but my understanding is that disk 1 is the correct superbit transfer.

mike--

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, but it's a total re-packaged edition of the Super-Bit transfer and the extras from the 2-disc cloth-bound collectors edition.-But no DTS from the Super-Bit edition. I hope that clarifies it for you.

Bonedwarf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
I picked this up as I've been wanting the movie for a long time. For the record, the movie is split over both disks. Don't know where the split point is... Don't have 3.5 hours to watch a movie right now, but the second disk is labeled indicating part of the movie is on there.

Alan_H

Stunt Coordinator
That makes sense, as the original superbit edition was spread across 2 discs.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Wow, the corrected SB transfer and the extras from the 1st release!?

Sounds like the best of both worlds, I'll look for this.

Jeff Job

Agent
Real Name
Jeff Job
Thanks for the info, but if the Superbit transfer is used plus the extras from the first release, did they drop the bit rate to fit everything on? Also, did they move the disc break to the intermission, or keep the original Superbit break halfway through the film?

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Good questions.
Can Bonedwarf or Mike-- or someone respond?
I have both the cloth-bound 2-disc edition and the Superbit. the latter looks spectacular. If you love the film, the Superbit is the only way to watch it. The disc break doesn't comes at the natural moment but it doesn't spoil anything either. They must have lowered the bit rate and therefore sacrificed some degree of image resolution to fit all the extras on.

mike--

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, Richard the new 2-disc set keeps the break at the same exact point as the Superbit edition. ( the scene where Lawrence is taking the boys through the desert on their way to Damascus.) So, unfortunately no break on the actual Intermission. The cloth-bound 2 disc collector's edition had the break at the actual Intermission........if I remember correctly. Also, there is no DTS, as in the Superbit edition. As far as the bit rate, I'm not familiar with looking for that. How could I tell? Is there a way to look at that?

mike--

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I know David, but the question was, what is the bit-rate for this new 2 disc edtion? That is where i'm lost! I know this new edition is the same as the Superbit edtion-without DTS-but with the special features. As far as the bit-rate, I wouldn't have a clue as to where to look for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks