Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Three Stooges Vol. 3 1940-1942

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 of 27 Brent S

Brent S

Stunt Coordinator

• 236 posts

Posted June 06 2008 - 03:10 PM

ThreeStooges.net poster 'Waldo Twitchell' found this site reporting "The Three Stooges Collection Vol. 3: 1940 - 1942" for release on August 26, 2008...
allmovie ((( Three Stooges Collection, Vol. 3: 1940-1942 [2 Discs] > Overview )))

VideoETA.com, a usually reliable source, confirms the information...
Three Stooges Collection: 1940-1942 (2008)

Welcome news, but at this point, it should be considered preliminary and tentative.

#2 of 27 Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson

Screenwriter

• 2,959 posts

Posted June 07 2008 - 12:32 AM

This is phenomonal news if it is true. I have no doubt that we will continue to see these releases.

The only thing that smells somewhat fishy is that it's only 3 months apart when the first 2 releases were 6 months apart. I would love if they continued a 3 month cycle though.

#3 of 27 jhro

jhro

Stunt Coordinator

• 58 posts

Posted June 07 2008 - 12:43 AM

We'll soon find out in a week or two if this news is true because the Sony schedule only goes upto August 12th right now..

Sony Pictures - Home Entertainment - Coming Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Peterson
This is phenomonal news if it is true. I have no doubt that we will continue to see these releases.

The only thing that smells somewhat fishy is that it's only 3 months apart when the first 2 releases were 6 months apart. I would love if they continued a 3 month cycle though.

I absolutely know what you mean buddy but apparently the time frame for these collections were to be every 2-3 months to begin with... Fingers crossed...

#4 of 27 Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Screenwriter

• 2,417 posts

Posted June 07 2008 - 01:09 AM

Wow, if this is indeed true , its a heck of alot faster than I was predicting, December.If true, we will probably reach volume four before 2009 !!!!
At last my body is reunited with my soul which was always feminine.

#5 of 27 Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Screenwriter

• 2,417 posts

Posted June 07 2008 - 01:21 AM

I truly think this will be the real release date, because the eta site even has the running time right for volume 3, which will be 23 shorts.They were right in predicting volume 2 release date , so why should I doubt them now ???
At last my body is reunited with my soul which was always feminine.

#6 of 27 jhro

jhro

Stunt Coordinator

• 58 posts

Posted June 07 2008 - 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Zannikos
I truly think this will be the real release date, because the eta site even has the running time right for volume 3, which will be 23 shorts.They were right in predicting volume 2 release date , so why should I doubt them now ???

That is true about the running time, i hope it is August 26th.. I hope it is for my love of the stooges and the fact that volume 1 came out one week before my brothers birthday and volume 2 came out one week after my brothers name day so those were his presents (coincidence, he probably rang sonyPosted Image ), so being that his birthday is in november it'll give my pocket a much needed break.. Posted Image

#7 of 27 David Deeb

David Deeb

Supporting Actor

• 838 posts

Posted June 07 2008 - 02:18 AM

Crossing my fingers.

This would be smart on Sony's part too, and to capitalize on the PR and momentum they seem to be getting from these sets.

#8 of 27 Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Lead Actor

• 9,019 posts

Posted June 07 2008 - 02:56 AM

This is wonderful news. Posted Image I haven't completed vol. 2 yet, and I've been going through them rather quickly.
ockeghem2.jpg

#9 of 27 jhro

jhro

Stunt Coordinator

• 58 posts

Posted June 07 2008 - 03:31 AM

Classic Flix has gotten in amongst it, they say its been announced like they did with volume 2 before it was announced.. I'm believing this more and more.. Posted Image

Quote:
Great news!!! The Three Stooges Collection, Vol. 3 has been announced with an August 26th release date. This set from **Sony** will continue the chronological format with great shorts like You Nazty Spy!, A Plumbing We Will Go, An Ache in Every Stake, Some More of Somoa, Matri-Phony and Three Smart Saps to name a few. It will retail for $24.96, but is available at Classicflix.com for only $19.99.

This release may be a good sign of things to come with seven months between volumes 1 (Oct 2007) and 2 (May 2008), and only three months between this release and volume 2.

The shorts included should be:

You Nazty Spy!
Rockin' Thru the Rockies
A Plumbing We Will Go
Nutty But Nice
How High is Up?
From Nurse to Worse
No Census, No Feeling
Cookoo Cavaliers
Boobs in Arms

So Long Mr. Chumps

Dutiful But Dumb

All the World's a Stooge

I'll Never Heil Again
An Ache in Every Stake

In the Sweet Pie and Pie
Some More of Samoa

Loco Boy Makes Good

Cactus Makes Perfect
What's the Matador?

Matri-Phony

Three Smart Saps

Even as IOU

Sock-a-Bye Baby

Classicflix.com : - Read Articles

#10 of 27 Joe Lugoff

Joe Lugoff

Screenwriter

• 2,001 posts

Posted June 07 2008 - 04:24 AM

This is fantastic, because this is the era when I think Curly was at his funniest.

Of course, as we all know, the Shemp/Joe era will be a completely different situation .....................

#11 of 27 Travis87

Travis87

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts

Posted June 07 2008 - 05:27 AM

this is awesome news. i'm actually looking forward to when they eventually get to the shemp years. i liked most of those shorts as much as the early ones and about a thousand times more than anything involving joe besser. i can only remember 1 joe short that ever made me laugh. i cant wait~

#12 of 27 Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Lead Actor

• 9,019 posts

Posted June 07 2008 - 07:27 AM

I love the Curly episodes, like very much the Shemp episodes, and appreciate the Joe episodes (esp. since Joe didn't want to do them at first). I'm very pleased that Shemp was eventually convinced to join the team as well. Because this is The Three Stooges we're talking about, I will want to own all of the shorts. It's one of those few genres for which I need to be a completist. Posted Image
ockeghem2.jpg

#13 of 27 Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi

Producer

• 5,994 posts

Posted June 07 2008 - 08:48 AM

Any way we can skip the tired Curlys and get right to Shemp and Joe? No? Oh well --- I'll wait.... but I hope Sony doesn't go to sleep at that point.

#14 of 27 jhro

jhro

Stunt Coordinator

• 58 posts

Posted June 07 2008 - 02:32 PM

You know i remember that before volume 2 was anounced their were heaps of people on the net, myself included, that were so nervous if Sony had just stopped the series at one volume as it was about 4 to 4 and a half months after volume 1 had been released at that stage and now it looks as though we're going to get two volumes in the space of 3 months.. Posted Image

August 26th is going to be an expensive day for me as i've got this set to buy, One Tree Hill season 5 (which is about $39 on Amazon.com) and Married With Children season 9 (even though it comes out on the 19th i can wait a week or i might just buy it on the 19th and watch the episodes before the Stooges arrive, decisions decisions, lol)..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Karlosi
Any way we can skip the tired Curlys and get right to Shemp and Joe? No? Oh well --- I'll wait.... but I hope Sony doesn't go to sleep at that point.

Skip? Posted Image

Wash your mouth out. Posted Image

#15 of 27 Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,260 posts

Posted June 09 2008 - 05:00 AM

Great News!
Isn't "Rockin' Thru the Rockies" the only double length short at about 36 or 37 minutes that was later re-released in a shorter version. If this is the one I remember reading about in a stooges book I hope we get the uncut version.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#16 of 27 Ed Moroughan

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit

• 377 posts
  • LocationStar Lake, NY

Posted June 09 2008 - 02:37 PM

Awesome news. I'm halfway through Vol. 2 and laughing mightily. Maybe a fourth volume before years end? Please!

#17 of 27 jhro

jhro

Stunt Coordinator

• 58 posts

Posted June 09 2008 - 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Moroughan
Awesome news. I'm halfway through Vol. 2 and laughing mightily. Maybe a fourth volume before years end? Please!

If the distance between volume 3 to 4 is the same as volume 2 to 3 then we'll get volume 4 by the end of the year.

#18 of 27 Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi

Producer

• 5,994 posts

Posted June 09 2008 - 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Korstick
Great News!
Isn't "Rockin' Thru the Rockies" the only double length short at about 36 or 37 minutes that was later re-released in a shorter version. If this is the one I remember reading about in a stooges book I hope we get the uncut version.

I'm not 100% on this, but I think you may be mixing up the standard short ROCKIN THRU THE ROCKIES with the feature film ROCKIN IN THE ROCKIES, which was released in 1945 and ran about 1 hour. I think they're two separate things.

#19 of 27 Ed Moroughan

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit

• 377 posts
  • LocationStar Lake, NY

Posted June 10 2008 - 12:01 AM

I think Joe is right, that confusion is mentioned on the wiki for the short:

Rockin' Thru the Rockies

If Sony can keep this schedule up that would be great, here's hoping eh? BTW, anyone think they should/could include "Jerks of All Trades" when the time arrives? I know it's TV and not a short but still it is pretty funny.

#20 of 27 Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,260 posts

Posted June 10 2008 - 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Karlosi
I'm not 100% on this, but I think you may be mixing up the standard short ROCKIN THRU THE ROCKIES with the feature film ROCKIN IN THE ROCKIES, which was released in 1945 and ran about 1 hour. I think they're two separate things.

Your're right Joe I checked my Stooges book last night and it is Rockin in the Rockies (65 minutes)that I was thinking of and it was actually a short feature similar to Gold Raiders with Shemp. Columbia has oddly never released this only feature film of Curly's. I wonder if there a problems finding a decent print. Anyone here every see Rockin in the Rockies (1945). It appears to be a musical so I imagine the Stooges are only in half of it.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

Back to DVD

Forum Nav Content I Follow