What's new

Three Stooges Vol. 3 1940-1942 (1 Viewer)

Brent S

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Seguine

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
This is phenomonal news if it is true. I have no doubt that we will continue to see these releases.

The only thing that smells somewhat fishy is that it's only 3 months apart when the first 2 releases were 6 months apart. I would love if they continued a 3 month cycle though.

jhro

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
We'll soon find out in a week or two if this news is true because the Sony schedule only goes upto August 12th right now..

Sony Pictures - Home Entertainment - Coming Soon

I absolutely know what you mean buddy but apparently the time frame for these collections were to be every 2-3 months to begin with... Fingers crossed...

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Wow, if this is indeed true , its a heck of alot faster than I was predicting, December.If true, we will probably reach volume four before 2009 !!!!

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I truly think this will be the real release date, because the eta site even has the running time right for volume 3, which will be 23 shorts.They were right in predicting volume 2 release date , so why should I doubt them now ???

jhro

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James

That is true about the running time, i hope it is August 26th.. I hope it is for my love of the stooges and the fact that volume 1 came out one week before my brothers birthday and volume 2 came out one week after my brothers name day so those were his presents (coincidence, he probably rang sony:laugh: ), so being that his birthday is in november it'll give my pocket a much needed break.. ;)

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Crossing my fingers.

This would be smart on Sony's part too, and to capitalize on the PR and momentum they seem to be getting from these sets.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
This is wonderful news. :emoji_thumbsup: I haven't completed vol. 2 yet, and I've been going through them rather quickly.

jhro

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
Classic Flix has gotten in amongst it, they say its been announced like they did with volume 2 before it was announced.. I'm believing this more and more..
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Classicflix.com : - Read Articles

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
This is fantastic, because this is the era when I think Curly was at his funniest.

Of course, as we all know, the Shemp/Joe era will be a completely different situation .....................

Travis87

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Travis
this is awesome news. i'm actually looking forward to when they eventually get to the shemp years. i liked most of those shorts as much as the early ones and about a thousand times more than anything involving joe besser. i can only remember 1 joe short that ever made me laugh. i cant wait~

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I love the Curly episodes, like very much the Shemp episodes, and appreciate the Joe episodes (esp. since Joe didn't want to do them at first). I'm very pleased that Shemp was eventually convinced to join the team as well. Because this is The Three Stooges we're talking about, I will want to own all of the shorts. It's one of those few genres for which I need to be a completist. :emoji_thumbsup:

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Any way we can skip the tired Curlys and get right to Shemp and Joe? No? Oh well --- I'll wait.... but I hope Sony doesn't go to sleep at that point.

jhro

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
You know i remember that before volume 2 was anounced their were heaps of people on the net, myself included, that were so nervous if Sony had just stopped the series at one volume as it was about 4 to 4 and a half months after volume 1 had been released at that stage and now it looks as though we're going to get two volumes in the space of 3 months..
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

August 26th is going to be an expensive day for me as i've got this set to buy, One Tree Hill season 5 (which is about $39 on Amazon.com) and Married With Children season 9 (even though it comes out on the 19th i can wait a week or i might just buy it on the 19th and watch the episodes before the Stooges arrive, decisions decisions, lol)..

Skip? :eek:

Wash your mouth out. :P

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Great News!
Isn't "Rockin' Thru the Rockies" the only double length short at about 36 or 37 minutes that was later re-released in a shorter version. If this is the one I remember reading about in a stooges book I hope we get the uncut version.

jhro

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James

If the distance between volume 3 to 4 is the same as volume 2 to 3 then we'll get volume 4 by the end of the year.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

I'm not 100% on this, but I think you may be mixing up the standard short ROCKIN THRU THE ROCKIES with the feature film ROCKIN IN THE ROCKIES, which was released in 1945 and ran about 1 hour. I think they're two separate things.

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit
Real Name
Edward R. Moroughan
I think Joe is right, that confusion is mentioned on the wiki for the short:

Rockin' Thru the Rockies

If Sony can keep this schedule up that would be great, here's hoping eh? BTW, anyone think they should/could include "Jerks of All Trades" when the time arrives? I know it's TV and not a short but still it is pretty funny.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

Your're right Joe I checked my Stooges book last night and it is Rockin in the Rockies (65 minutes)that I was thinking of and it was actually a short feature similar to Gold Raiders with Shemp. Columbia has oddly never released this only feature film of Curly's. I wonder if there a problems finding a decent print. Anyone here every see Rockin in the Rockies (1945). It appears to be a musical so I imagine the Stooges are only in half of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks