Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Good quality non-open headphones

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 EricDeB

EricDeB

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted April 22 2008 - 07:44 AM

Hey guys I'm looking to get a new pair of headphones. I've had the Grado SR-80s for a couple years and they've really broken down. I've been satisfied with them, but I'm looking for a new pair that doesn't have the open-air design but still sounds good. I don't like disturbing people when I listen to them on the road. Anyway, my price range is anywhere from $100-300 so any recommendations would be great.

Thanks
Eric

#2 of 5 Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,556 posts

Posted April 22 2008 - 10:30 AM

I have a set of Beyerdynamic DT-250 closed 'phones that I have used at work on a daily basis for a number of years. Adjustable, and extremely comfortable.

Edit: Using the 80 ohm version, not the 250 ohm version...

beyerdynamic DT 250-80 @ HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears

- Walter.
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#3 of 5 aht3

aht3

Stunt Coordinator

• 179 posts

Posted April 22 2008 - 03:17 PM

Hi Eric,

I have a pair of the Koss MV-1s and they really sound great. THey are comportable and built well. If you plug them into a receover that has a built in suround simulator, you will really be in for a treat. They can be had for less than $120 in most places.

Hope this helps
Pioneer VSX 94THX
JBL Studio L890s Up Front
JBL Studio LC2 at Center
JBL Studio L820s Surrounds
JBL Studio L820s RearsHSU VTF2-MK3 SubSony 46" XBR3 LCD

#4 of 5 McLoki

McLoki

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted April 23 2008 - 02:40 PM

For all day comfort I have the sennheiser hd-590's and really like them. They sound great and while benefiting from a headphone amp - do not require it to sound great.
Mains............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
Center...........Polk LSiC
Surrounds......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - Wood sides removed)
Subwoofers....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
PrePro..........NAD T163 - Modded with LM4562 opamps Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)...

#5 of 5 MaxL

MaxL

Supporting Actor

• 503 posts

Posted April 28 2008 - 03:04 PM

these:
Sennheieser HD 280 Pro

i'm not sure they're my favorite ever but i certainly like 'em + think they're good value. i like them for home use, but they're a bit big for travel or commuting IMO.
HT: Marantz SR8000, PSB Alpha B fronts, Alpha C center, CSW Newton S200 surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo Sub, Marantz DVD, Sony CRT TV

Stereos include vintage Sony receivers/amps into vintage AR and KEF speakers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users