Good quality non-open headphones

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by EricDeB, Apr 22, 2008.

1. EricDeB

EricDeB Stunt Coordinator

Hey guys I'm looking to get a new pair of headphones. I've had the Grado SR-80s for a couple years and they've really broken down. I've been satisfied with them, but I'm looking for a new pair that doesn't have the open-air design but still sounds good. I don't like disturbing people when I listen to them on the road. Anyway, my price range is anywhere from $100-300 so any recommendations would be great.

Thanks
    Eric

2. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

3. aht3

aht3 Stunt Coordinator

Hi Eric,

I have a pair of the Koss MV-1s and they really sound great. THey are comportable and built well. If you plug them into a receover that has a built in suround simulator, you will really be in for a treat. They can be had for less than $120 in most places.

Hope this helps

4. McLoki

McLoki Auditioning

For all day comfort I have the sennheiser hd-590's and really like them. They sound great and while benefiting from a headphone amp - do not require it to sound great.

5. MaxL

MaxL Supporting Actor

these:
    Sennheieser HD 280 Pro

i'm not sure they're my favorite ever but i certainly like 'em + think they're good value. i like them for home use, but they're a bit big for travel or commuting IMO.