What's new

My current modest HT (1 Viewer)

Zerock

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
This is my family's modest HT.
We live in our split foyer home, so the garage used 1/4 of the house. We decided to make it a family room, and always glad we did so. We also purchased an aluminium car port for automobile protection.

Extra thick floor pad and dense carpet, along with the big couch really help acoustics, but I certainly could do more to this room.

The room photos are "Photomerged" as semi panoramic, so a bit distorted. The lights for the camera kind-a washed out the projector image, so I enhanced it a bit.
The photo of the charging ghosts is an actual screen shot. The image is of a regular DVD, paused.

My 10x6' screen is currently 6 coats of flat white paint. (3 sealing and 3 flat white). I think it would look a bit better with actual screen material but we've been satisfied so far. We thought Sony's price for the celing mount was rediculous ($750) so I made one out of celing fan parts for under $20. See the photo.

I consider this room as Version 2 (V1 had a 10 year old RP) and am working up some plans for some radical room changing ideas. I've yet to sell it to the wife though.

-Zerock

Zerock

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
My wife worked at JC Penny drapery dept quiete a few years ago. They were deeply discounted, and along with her 20% employee credit was just a tiny fraction of the original price. She had those stuck in a closet for years knowing "Someday" they will be of use.
The curtains are 7 feet tall, and we added a valance onto the bottom so to extend them to 8 feet. (Yep she got the valance the same way)
The rod is just PVC pipe.

Mjorgensen

Grip
Real Name
Mark Jorgensen
I had drapes like that in my first house they really helped smooth the sound, looks good.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I used to have a front projection HT and had a white painted wall. I always thought that the image was great.

Great looking setup.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks