-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

My current modest HT

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Zerock

Zerock

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted March 12 2008 - 03:36 AM

This is my family's modest HT.
We live in our split foyer home, so the garage used 1/4 of the house. We decided to make it a family room, and always glad we did so. We also purchased an aluminium car port for automobile protection.

Extra thick floor pad and dense carpet, along with the big couch really help acoustics, but I certainly could do more to this room.

The room photos are "Photomerged" as semi panoramic, so a bit distorted. The lights for the camera kind-a washed out the projector image, so I enhanced it a bit.
The photo of the charging ghosts is an actual screen shot. The image is of a regular DVD, paused.

My 10x6' screen is currently 6 coats of flat white paint. (3 sealing and 3 flat white). I think it would look a bit better with actual screen material but we've been satisfied so far. We thought Sony's price for the celing mount was rediculous ($750) so I made one out of celing fan parts for under $20. See the photo.

I consider this room as Version 2 (V1 had a 10 year old RP) and am working up some plans for some radical room changing ideas. I've yet to sell it to the wife though.

-Zerock

#2 of 8 Star Wars Guy

Star Wars Guy

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted March 12 2008 - 05:17 AM

Very nice. Much better than my current setup (which I consider version 3).

#3 of 8 Star Wars Guy

Star Wars Guy

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted March 13 2008 - 01:33 AM

Where did you get your curtains and how much were they?

#4 of 8 Zerock

Zerock

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted March 13 2008 - 01:50 AM

My wife worked at JC Penny drapery dept quiete a few years ago. They were deeply discounted, and along with her 20% employee credit was just a tiny fraction of the original price. She had those stuck in a closet for years knowing "Someday" they will be of use.
The curtains are 7 feet tall, and we added a valance onto the bottom so to extend them to 8 feet. (Yep she got the valance the same way)
The rod is just PVC pipe.

#5 of 8 DarrenHo

DarrenHo

Stunt Coordinator

• 127 posts

Posted March 13 2008 - 04:06 AM

nothing wrong with that at all. i like it.

#6 of 8 Mjorgensen

Mjorgensen

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted March 17 2008 - 01:59 PM

I had drapes like that in my first house they really helped smooth the sound, looks good.

#7 of 8 mrjvelazquez

mrjvelazquez

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted March 17 2008 - 03:13 PM

nice set up... big screen , me like!!

#8 of 8 Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Executive Producer

• 12,079 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted March 18 2008 - 09:36 AM

I used to have a front projection HT and had a white painted wall. I always thought that the image was great.

Great looking setup.

Parker

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."