Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

just nothing.. just wanna say somethng

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 s_sarah

s_sarah

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted January 27 2008 - 09:09 PM

I study photography coz my ambition is to become a very successful photographer someday.So, i hope that all of you will welcome me here.. And I'm very glad to be part of this forum inorder for me to learn more and more and more.....

#2 of 9 s_sarah

s_sarah

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted January 27 2008 - 09:10 PM

that's why i enjoy joining different kinds of forums just to learn new ideas in everything i want to learn....

#3 of 9 Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Executive Producer

• 12,071 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted January 28 2008 - 06:31 AM

Sarah:

Welcome to HTF. I hope you enjoy your staff with us.

Parker

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#4 of 9 Don Solosan

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor

• 748 posts

Posted January 28 2008 - 06:54 AM

"I hope you enjoy your staff with us."

Uhm... okay. Do you know something we don't?

#5 of 9 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Executive Producer

• 15,669 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted January 30 2008 - 05:33 AM

LMAO. Either way, welcome! What do you shoot? And when I say that I mean both what subjects and what gear =) For learning about photography this forum might not be your best bet, discussing gear and showing off your best shots tho we are standing by! If you want a real treasure trove of knowledge, might I also recommend Digital camera photo galleries, gallery database, info and forums

They are canon focussed but all are welcome.

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

#6 of 9 ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,816 posts

Posted January 30 2008 - 10:55 AM

Welcome to the forum, Sarah.

Sam is right. If you're serious about studying photography, this probably is not the best forum for your learning/growing though there are a couple of pros/semi-pros (and a few of us wannabe's Posted Image Posted Image) who drop by now and then. Still, if you're also interested in home theater (and the cinema), then this could certainly be a nice hangout for more casual gear-and-photography chat -- the more serious forums can sometimes get a bit too stuffy, etc, if they're your only outlet for this, though some are definitely more balanced like the PotN that Sam suggested. Anyway, that's how I look at it myself. Posted Image

BTW, do you have some samples of your work on the web that you can share w/ us? Would love to see some...

_Man_
Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#7 of 9 JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,454 posts

Posted January 30 2008 - 11:37 AM

I won't rain on the parade.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.

#8 of 9 ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,816 posts

Posted January 30 2008 - 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRice
I won't rain on the parade.

Now, John, why would you go and say something like that? Posted Image Posted Image

_Man_
Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#9 of 9 JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,454 posts

Posted January 30 2008 - 02:54 PM

Hey, I gotta be me.

"Being a photographer" is such a rare thing these days. Nearly as rare as, I don't know, people who breathe on a daily basis.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.