Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Running speaker wire in wall for surrounds, how many runs?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Dwight Amato

Dwight Amato

Stunt Coordinator

• 193 posts

Posted November 27 2007 - 06:24 AM

It's been a long time since I have done much with my home theater. After moving 3 years ago I still have not hooked up my surround speakers because of placement. I've finally decided to get some in ceiling speakers for my surrounds, and I want to future proof myself. I will only have 2 surrounds today because my older receiver is only 5.1, but I'm thinking it would be smart to have extra wires run at the same time to cover an upgrade in the future. Do I go with 3 for 6.1, or 4 for 7.1? What do most people do now adays for surround speakers?

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Second Unit

• 469 posts

Posted November 27 2007 - 11:31 PM

I'd go with 4 for 7.1 since you're going to running wire anyway. I just got through running wire for two rear surrounds for my older 5.1 receiver, then almost immediately upgraded to a 7.1 receiver and am now thinking of buying a couple more speakers, running more wire, etc. I wish I had just planned on doing it originally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users