Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Babes of the '80s

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#41 of 153 OFFLINE   Paul Padilla

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts

Posted December 05 2007 - 02:24 AM

Quote:
I will respectively disagree:

Posted Image
I would agree with your disagreement. Posted Image

She may be thought of as more of a 90's and up cutie, but I first saw Linda Fiorentino in Vision Quest in 1985.
Posted Image

Who could forget Monique in Better Off Dead...Diane Franklin.
Posted Image
I'm a ****ing idiot 'cause I can't make a lamp?
No, you're a genius 'cause you can't make a lamp.
What do you know about trigonometry?
I could care less about trigonometry.
Did you know without trigonometry there would be no engineering? Without lamps there'd be no light.

#42 of 153 OFFLINE   John Kilduff

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

• 1,668 posts

Posted December 05 2007 - 06:51 AM

Edit
Forget the Rewind. If you want real retro action, go to http://www.retrojunk.com.

Proud member of the American Film Institute and a Wal-Mart employee (Yes, you can be both).

From Michelle Pfeiffer to Daryl Hannah and all points in-between, I love 80s women. Don't believe me? Scope out this link: htt.....

#43 of 153 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,898 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted December 05 2007 - 10:13 AM

Somebody did have Phoebe, and I mentioned Moving in Stereo. The image you posted--and a few seconds later, of course--is one of the iconic images of the '80s.

While doing a search for something, I saw a picture of Betty from Revenge of the Nerds. She never did anything for me, though, so no post. It did remind me of Courtney Thorne-Smith in Revenge of the Nerds II and Summer School. When Louis was putting sunscreen on her back, she looked just like a girlfriend from high school. This very shot, in fact. Pity it's so low-res:

Posted Image

Also just found Kerri Green, who was not a favorite but was not bad:

Posted Image

Wonder what happened to her. /heads to the IMDb

#44 of 153 OFFLINE   Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming

Producer

• 4,330 posts

Posted December 05 2007 - 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kilduff
Linda Fiorentino was very much an 80s babe. I liked her in (the rather appropriate for this forum movie) "After Hours" myself:
I can't remember which semi-exploitative flick it was where she was some sort of seductress, but yeah she's hot.

Quote:
On a similar note, I liked Diane Lane in "Streets Of Fire":
Absolutely. To this day I'm miffed that Streets Of Fire isn't available on a proper SE DVD.

Quote:
I liked Daphne Zuniga in "Spaceballs" (I only wish I could've found a shot of her channeling Sigourney Weaver and dusting off some Spaceball guards with one of their own guns):
I didn't remember her from Spaceballs, but she was hot in Melrose Place. Which come to think of it was a bit of a showcase for 80s babes, yes? I mean, Heather Locklear...

Quote:
I really like this thread.
Me too...

#45 of 153 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,898 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted December 05 2007 - 01:31 PM

I first saw Zuniga in the Sure Thing. I used to be big on Lane from the Outsiders days. Fiorentino was good in Gotcha!.

#46 of 153 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted December 05 2007 - 02:47 PM

Three more to add:

Connie Selleca:

Posted Image

Patty Smyth:

Posted Image

Ally Sheedy:

Posted Image
Recently watched- Love & Other Drugs, Assault On Precinct 13(1976), Lovejoy Christmas Specials, Die Hard 2: Die Harder, Die Hard, Up 3D, The Grandmaster, Edge Of Tomorrow 3D, The Comedy Of Terrors, The Raven(1963), Mulholland Falls, Saturn 3, Cheers: Season 6, Nosferatu: The Vampyre, Battle Beyond The Stars, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers(1978)

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Arrow: Season 2, Star Trek: Season 1

"Now I have a machinegun.  HO-HO-HO"

#47 of 153 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,889 posts

Posted December 05 2007 - 03:03 PM

Re: Linda Florentino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yee-Ming
I can't remember which semi-exploitative flick it was where she was some sort of seductress, but yeah she's hot.

Jade.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#48 of 153 OFFLINE   Hugh Jackes

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts
  • LocationAnaheim. CA

Posted December 06 2007 - 01:43 AM

Quote:
I can't remember which semi-exploitative flick it was where she was some sort of seductress, but yeah she's hot

The Last Seduction
I have learned that some pain cannot be healed, but must be endured. I believe our Higher Power will help us to endure and find peace. I loved the boy with the utmost love of which my soul is capable and he is taken from me-yet in the agony of my spirit in surrendering such a treasure, I feel a thousand times richer than if I had never possessed it."
-- William Wordsworth 1812

#49 of 153 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,889 posts

Posted December 06 2007 - 01:55 AM

I didn't realize it, but her last name is actually spelled "Fiorentino", not "Florentino", I've made that mistake in the past as well.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#50 of 153 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted December 06 2007 - 03:24 AM

Another vote for Markie Post:

Posted Image

How about Wilma Deering (Erin Grey)?

Posted Image

Not sure if she's already been mentioned, but there's always room for the original Daisy Duke:

Posted Image

A better shot of Sigourney:

Posted Image

Jamie Lee Curtis shed her scream-queen image (and some of her clothes) to emerge as a sex symbol in the 1983 comedy Trading Places:

Posted Image

A better pic of Geena Davis, from her modelling days:

Posted Image

Regards,

Joe

#51 of 153 OFFLINE   Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell

Screenwriter

• 1,979 posts

Posted December 06 2007 - 05:15 AM

That's a fantastic picture of Erin Grey.

#52 of 153 OFFLINE   KurtEP

KurtEP

Supporting Actor

• 698 posts

Posted December 06 2007 - 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph DeMartino
A better shot of Sigourney:

Posted Image

When I first saw that photo, I thought it was:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Lay down your law books now, they're no damned good -- The Eagles

#53 of 153 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,898 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted December 06 2007 - 02:51 PM

You should not have gone there. :puke:

#54 of 153 OFFLINE   ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,522 posts

Posted December 07 2007 - 07:03 AM

Quote:
Linda Fiorentino was very much an 80s babe. I liked her in (the rather appropriate for this forum movie) "After Hours".
One of my favorite movies!

How did you find a picture of Wendy O with her clothes on? Posted Image

Quote:
I really like this thread.
Word!
It takes 52 pounds of pressure to rupture an eyeball... :blink:

#55 of 153 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,898 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted December 08 2007 - 05:16 PM

I don't normally like to post totally NSFW images, but how else can I get the point across about Claudia from European Vacation? I never saw her in anything else. Dammit. This was a true moment in the life of most male children of the '80s:

Posted Image

#56 of 153 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,901 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted December 09 2007 - 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMcS
One more....who could forget Fast Times??

"Life's the same..as moving in stereo......"

Posted Image
Yeah! She was the first one I thought of. But I noticed she was already represented. Hell, you can't represent her enough...I realise that now. find a good one...post it here!

Posted Image
From "Paradise"...a film that proves there is a God.

I think she was the source of many of my "can't stand up to get out of my school desk" daydreaming at school moments. Of course, a burst of wind through the class room door would tighten my jeans back then.
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#57 of 153 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,901 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted December 09 2007 - 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H
I don't normally like to post totally NSFW images, but how else can I get the point across about Claudia from European Vacation? I never saw her in anything else. Dammit. This was a true moment in the life of most male children of the '80s:

Posted Image
I'm glad you found one. It definitely represents the single reason to view the film at all. Thank God they went ahead and followed it up with Christmas Vac. I'm surprised this didn't kill the idea when it was first presented to the suits.

Here's some more...

KRULL redhead...Lysette Anthony
(can't find a pic from Krull...I'll try doing a screen grab later)
Posted Image

Chick from Dragonslayer...(am I the only one who finds her endlessly hot? Maybe it's the fantasy nerd in me)
Posted Image

Chick from DALLAS and Ice Pirates....Mary Crosby. She and Michelle Rodregez have the same lips. Yummy!
Posted Image

Sleepaway Camp girl. Well, before the end anyway. Very cute girl.
Posted Image

The various Friday the 13th girls. Although I don't know about their facial features...I may've been staring at their naked boobs the whole time....

NEED MORE WOMEN OF COLOR!!

How about Rae Dawn Chong. Naked for us in Quest for Fire. She showed a cave dude how to really do it with feeling. I feel like I owe her money for that.
Posted Image
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#58 of 153 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,898 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted December 09 2007 - 07:27 AM

I like Euro Vacation alright. What the hey.

#59 of 153 OFFLINE   John Kilduff

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

• 1,668 posts

Posted December 09 2007 - 02:13 PM

EDIT
Forget the Rewind. If you want real retro action, go to http://www.retrojunk.com.

Proud member of the American Film Institute and a Wal-Mart employee (Yes, you can be both).

From Michelle Pfeiffer to Daryl Hannah and all points in-between, I love 80s women. Don't believe me? Scope out this link: htt.....

#60 of 153 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted December 09 2007 - 10:44 PM

I agree with every last choice in this thread! Posted Image

You know that I usually thrown down with the pics but I just don't have the time right now so some of my favs by name are (you know who they are)...

Michelle Johnson First saw her in Blame it On Rio and she drove me nuts! Loved her ever since.

Pheobe Cates Coming out of the pool in Fast Times, don't think I need to say anymore. Posted Image

Jenny Wright

Kelly Preston The bedroom scene in Mischief...nuff said.

Mia Sara I can understand why Ferris would ditch school to spend the day with this raven-haired honey. Posted Image

Emily Llyod The low key english actress who usually played someone's daughter in the 80's. Been in love with her since the excellent drama In Country starring a freshly post-Die Hard Bruce Willis in one of his first great dramatic roles. Those that saw him in that movie knew what a great actor he could be years before the rest of the world with Pulp Fiction.

Cynthia Gibb Saw her first in Short Circuit 2 oddly enough lol.

Daphne Zuniga Was obsessed with her in the 80's!

Kristian Alfonso You remember her best probably as uncle Jesse's girlfriend on Full House. Or as 'Hope' on Days of Our Lives depending on what kind of guy you are. Posted Image

Pricilla Barnes By far the sexiest of all the roommates on Three's Company, when she would wear those skimpy nighties...WHOA!

Elizabeth Shue Let's face it, it was every teenage boy's dream to be Daniel Larusso. I hope I was correct in that assumption because I either struck major chords of nostalgia in you guys or I just made myself look like the biggest dork on Earth. Posted Image

Kirstie Ally I know she's most famous for Cheers but I first saw her in the Tom Selleck robots-on-the-rampage thriller Runaway (still love that cool gun that Gene Simmons had lol).

Alyssa Milano when she started to grow up on Who's the Boss? she started to drive me and all my friends nuts!

Claudia Christian The sexiest one to get taken over by an alien serial killer in The Hidden. Posted Image

Diane Lane Probably famous to most of you for Streets of Fire but I first saw her in Lady Beware and immediately became a fan. Posted Image

Kari Wuhrer On MTV's Remote Control. Ken Ober was a total tool but she was awesome!

Sherlyn Fenn Once again first saw her in a more obscure role as the hottie and target of Charlie Sheen's affection in the supernatural teen thriller The Wraith. I quickly got caught up in all things Fenn after that. Posted Image

Amy Dolenz From She's Out Control.

Tawny Kitean From Witchboard.

Diane Franklin First saw her in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, i'm so glad Rufis got her out of England before she had to marry that royal ugly dude.

Apolonia Saw Purple Rain in the theater with my mom and my sister, imagine the discomfort.

Vanity From the Berry Gordy masterpiece Berry Gordy's The Last Dragon (still love that movie lol..."Leroy!!").

Theresa Russell Oozes sexiness in anything she did back then!

And Finally (for now)

Kathleen Turner First saw her in The Man With Two Brains.
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

Back to After Hours Lounge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow