Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

External monitor or tv screen?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Mike Heenan

Mike Heenan

Second Unit

• 405 posts

Posted September 17 2007 - 04:25 PM

I just bought a Macbook pro, and am considering buying a 24" or 30" external screen for video editing purposes. However, I'm sort of leaning towards just saving the money and putting it into a HDTV (probably 42" at least). Does anybody use an HDTV for a second screen and what do you think about it?

#2 of 3 Aaron Reynolds

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter

• 1,709 posts

Posted September 17 2007 - 11:16 PM

I've used my projector as a second monitor on a lot of occasions, and it works fine. If colour accuracy is important, you'll probably want a good monitor instead -- something easy to calibrate.

That said, if it's work for TV and if you're going to buy the TV anyways, why not? It'll give you a good idea of what your project will look like on TV.

#3 of 3 Mike Heenan

Mike Heenan

Second Unit

• 405 posts

Posted September 18 2007 - 01:23 PM

Most of my work is for training videos, so it seems the TV is the way to go. I like the idea of sitting in my recliner chair with a wireless keyboard and mouse Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users