Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

External monitor or tv screen?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Mike Heenan

Mike Heenan

Second Unit

• 405 posts

Posted September 17 2007 - 04:25 PM

I just bought a Macbook pro, and am considering buying a 24" or 30" external screen for video editing purposes. However, I'm sort of leaning towards just saving the money and putting it into a HDTV (probably 42" at least). Does anybody use an HDTV for a second screen and what do you think about it?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Aaron Reynolds

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter

• 1,709 posts

Posted September 17 2007 - 11:16 PM

I've used my projector as a second monitor on a lot of occasions, and it works fine. If colour accuracy is important, you'll probably want a good monitor instead -- something easy to calibrate.

That said, if it's work for TV and if you're going to buy the TV anyways, why not? It'll give you a good idea of what your project will look like on TV.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Mike Heenan

Mike Heenan

Second Unit

• 405 posts

Posted September 18 2007 - 01:23 PM

Most of my work is for training videos, so it seems the TV is the way to go. I like the idea of sitting in my recliner chair with a wireless keyboard and mouse Posted Image