-

Photo

TITANIC: You all knew this was coming...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

#1 of 74 Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted September 04 2007 - 10:21 AM

http://www.dvdactive...s/titanic6.html

Triple-dipping time. Or not.

#2 of 74 Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls

Lead Actor

• 7,747 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted September 04 2007 - 01:26 PM

From a poster at your link:
Quote:
I'd like to know what happens should this film be released on a hi-def format. In the States it is distributed by Paramount, now HD DVD exclusive, and around the world it is distributed by 20th Century Fox, a Blu Ray exclusive.

Paramount would likely release it on HD-DVD in region 1. My guess...sometime around 2010. Posted Image

Maybe there will be a "happy ending" like in the botched release of Brazil. You know: where undercover Navy divers on Titanic go patch the holes in the hull so the ship doesn't sink. Rose gives the bloody stone back and runs off into the sunset with Jack. Posted Image

Or maybe have Rose, instead of tossing the gem over the side (what a friggin waste), takes it back and uses it to endow a school for the arts named after Jack. Something like the "Jack Dawson School of Fine Arts at the University of Minnesota".
Feline videophiles Condoleezza and Dukie.

#3 of 74 Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,231 posts

Posted September 04 2007 - 01:29 PM

I didn't know it was coming, and I gotta admit I'm surprised. It's only been 2 years since the terrific Titanic SE, and I figured that was it. Guess not!
Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com

#4 of 74 ChristopherBlig

ChristopherBlig

Stunt Coordinator

• 205 posts

Posted September 04 2007 - 02:27 PM

and then in that new happy ending they bore a son named Richard and he went on to host the FAMILY FEUD!!!!
"RUN AWAY!!!! RUN AWAY!!!!"
(Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

My DVD Collection
My DVD Collection Too The 29 Days of Oscar are at dvdauthority.com...thanks again to all

#5 of 74 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,842 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 04 2007 - 03:15 PM

I assume that this is just the first two discs from the three disc set but this time it'll be in an amaray case, have a '10th Anniversary' banner slapped on it and will be $5 or $10 cheaper. In other words, pretty useless unless you don't have the SE or are a serious completist.

#6 of 74 Brenton

Brenton

Screenwriter

• 1,169 posts

Posted September 04 2007 - 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherBlig
and then in that new happy ending they bore a son named Richard and he went on to host the FAMILY FEUD!!!!
HA! How random.

#7 of 74 Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart

Lead Actor

• 7,470 posts
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA, USA

Posted September 04 2007 - 06:02 PM

Titanic: The "Bumped The Third Man Off the AFI 100 List" Edition

#8 of 74 Daniel-M

Daniel-M

Second Unit

• 333 posts

Posted September 04 2007 - 06:53 PM

How was the 4 discser not enough

#9 of 74 oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted September 04 2007 - 07:10 PM

still have not bought the last one
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#10 of 74 MarkBurton

MarkBurton

Second Unit

• 279 posts

Posted September 05 2007 - 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Nicholls
From a poster at your link:
I'd like to know what happens should this film be released on a hi-def format. In the States it is distributed by Paramount, now HD DVD exclusive, and around the world it is distributed by 20th Century Fox, a Blu Ray exclusive.

When Titanic is available in Hi-Def, I will order the Fox Blu-Ray version from Japan since Japan is Region 1 with the United States.

Blu-ray Region Codes:

Region A/1: North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Phillipines, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia.

Region A/2: Europe, Greenland, French territories, Middle East, Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

Region A/3: India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Mainland China, Pakistan, Russia, Central and South Asia.

http://en.wikipedia.....s_with_key.png
Doctorrrrrrrrr....Acula!

#11 of 74 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,999 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted September 05 2007 - 03:45 AM

Maybe this one will finally include the feature-length Ed Marsh documentary that Cameron dropped at the last minute from the 3-disc version?

(Dare to dream?)

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#12 of 74 Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,092 posts

Posted September 05 2007 - 04:44 AM

In all likely hood its probably just a Godfather style repackaging with just the first two discs at a more consumer friendly price.

#13 of 74 WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,219 posts

Posted September 05 2007 - 04:58 AM

Quote:
at a more consumer friendly price.

It's already pretty cheap. I got mine fo like 18 bucks and it is regularly part of weekly sales at B&Ms
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#14 of 74 Marty M

Marty M

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted September 05 2007 - 05:16 AM

I have resisted in purchasing this movie, since I was kind of tired of the movie after it's theater run. I might just "pull the trigger" and buy this version.
Lawn Ranger Motto: You're only young once, but you can be always be immature.

#15 of 74 Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer

Producer

• 4,263 posts

Posted September 05 2007 - 07:13 AM

The HD version that TNT showed this last weekend looked terrific---the flying sequence in particular was drop-dead gorgeous.

#16 of 74 Rhoq

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

• 734 posts

Posted September 05 2007 - 07:20 AM

I've already got the box set. The next time I purchase Titanic will be when Paramount delivers it on HD DVD.

#17 of 74 Tony J Case

Tony J Case

Screenwriter

• 1,614 posts

Posted September 05 2007 - 11:40 AM

I still haven't bought this shmaltzy, manipulative, emotionally false film, but I do have to admit that when you get away from the hard to swallow romance and get on with the disaster, it's a great film. A well put together recreation of the Titanic that does look gorgeous.

So perhaps I was right to hold off buying the previous set(s). If I can find someone dumping their double dip on ebay for a song, I'll jump.

#18 of 74 Dave Mack

Dave Mack

Producer

• 4,665 posts

Posted September 06 2007 - 11:09 AM

I got the 4 disc set (actually was the ltd. 5 disc with "Ghosts..." from Virgin) from the UK because they gypped the US market last time and left off stuff.

I agree this seems very unneccesary and would love a proper HD presentation. I know Cameron calls the theatrical cut the "director's" one but I liked alot of the scenes they cut for time, pacing. The extended night with Jack and Rose was excellent and I loved the longer scenes with Tommy and Fabrizio with his budding romance with the swedish(?) girl...

Posted Image

#19 of 74 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,842 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 06 2007 - 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mack
I know Cameron calls the theatrical cut the "director's" one but I liked alot of the scenes they cut for time, pacing. The extended night with Jack and Rose was excellent and I loved the longer scenes with Tommy and Fabrizio with his budding romance with the swedish(?) girl...
I'm happy with the movie staying the way it is but if there was one scene that I'd like to see in the movie, it's the one with them walking on the deck after the party in steerage.

Of course, I'm glad to see the deleted scenes as supplements.

EDIT: Yeah, she's Swedish. Posted Image

#20 of 74 Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,683 posts

Posted September 06 2007 - 11:48 AM

I made my own extended cut. Took over a year of subtle revisions to get it right and even though it's still not perfect, it's as good as I can make it. I'm satisfied.

Back to DVD

Forum Nav Content I Follow