What's new

'300' HD-DVD, up for Amazon pre-order (1 Viewer)

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Hmm...as of this early Sunday morning, it ranks #20 on the Amazon sales list.

But, where's Blu?

Oh, wait, wait...there it is! It took me a minute to page down to #76. :)

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
Wow the HD DVD combo is only about $3 more than the 2 disc special edition SD version!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I think I've actually seen cases where it cost less, especially once you factored the 10% discount in.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Warner & Universal should offer the Combo ONLY. But that's a different thread. :)

The BD will outsell the HD DVD version though.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Do you think so even with the exclusive extras on the HD DVD? It will be interesting to see.

Doug

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Yes, History tells us this is true. Every dual format release has sold better on BR. Whether the combo price has anything to do with that is the big question.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Have there been any dual format releases that didn't have the same content on both formats, other than lossless audio I mean?

Doug

Edit: I forgot about Mission Impossible but I don't know how well each format sold in relation to each other.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Well, something in WB's catalog is outselling on Blu if it makes up 70% of their HD sales.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Good point Doug, but it's hard to ignore the PS3 factor. I know why the PS3 is discounted but in this case, it has been by far...by very far the most affordable and feature filled BD player to date. While I hope that the HD DVD version of 300 will sell great & I think it will. The BD version could be that formats biggest seller to date too.

Warner has got to be smiling. :)

LarryH

Supporting Actor
As of now, this is no longer available to order:

Want us to e-mail you when this item becomes available?

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
What is up with this title (on any format) and pre-orders? For a title coming out on 7/31 it sure has been damn near impossible to find any place that'll pre-book it for you. Strange.

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Supposedly Warner has a restriction against allowing pre-orders of "300" before the 2nd or 3rd of July. So it'll probably reappear in a day or two.

Seems like a stupid restriction. Perhaps they're trying to "pump" the sales numbers for the week of July 2?

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Just checked Amazon and it is no longer available for Pre-order, but the order I made erlier today is still active.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks