What's new

Burning a PAL DVD (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Not sure where this goes...I'll try here first.

I have captured some PAL MPEG2 files and have successfully burned a PAL DVD to be sent to Europe, but I have a question...

Since the video originated in NTSC, there are 4x3 clips as well as 16x9 clips. Does the same apply in Europe? I have the PAL MPEG2 capture set up to 720x576 and have captured 4x3 clips and 16x9 clips (flagged as 16x9). They play properly in my computer (i.e. the 4x3 clips play in a 4x3 frame and the 16x9 clips stretch out to a 16x9 frame), but I was just curious about European TV's? Are they all 16x9? If so, is there such a need for flagging anamorphic clips? or is everything burned 4x3 and the TV's stretch? :confused:

p.s. I am burning Region 0 DVD's, so there will not be a region issue.

Rommel_L

Second Unit
If it's encoded in PAL, it will work across the pond regardless of aspect ratio. If their sets are set to display the proper aspect ratio, they will view the movies as you see it in your PC...

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Mark, there's an overwhelming probability that a European machine will play an NTSC disc as well. Nearly all our DVD players are NTSC *and* PAL compatible and ditto most TV sets. If you want to play safe and it's not too labor-intensive, perhaps include an NTSC version as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks