Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Josie and the Pussycats in the works *FINALLY*

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 of 45 OFFLINE   Shawn_C

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted April 15 2007 - 01:34 PM

Finally a Josie and the Pussycats DVD set is in the works. Its been 3 LONG years since it was mentioned on TVshowsondvd.com and Entertainment Weekly magazine. But according to Earl Kress, plans are underway with a tribute to Dan DeCarlo the creator of the Pussycats. This tribute is expected to be part of the bonus material of the set. See the link below.

I can't wait for this to be released. I really hope they will interview Janet Waldo, Barbara Pariot, Jackie Joseph, Casey Kasem and Cheryl Ladd. And also Danny Janssen of La La Productions.

Other bonus features I would like to see included would be The New Scooby-Doo Movies "The Haunted Showboat" episode which feature Josie and the Gang as well as the Cartoon Network's "Musical Evolution" commercial.

This is good news and I hope it will be released this year.

http://www.mynameise...m/weblog/?p=152

#2 of 45 OFFLINE   Richard_Gregory

Richard_Gregory

Second Unit

• 361 posts

Posted April 16 2007 - 02:06 AM

Me too, and I'd love to see "Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space" as well.

#3 of 45 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,916 posts

Posted April 16 2007 - 08:46 AM

I think there should be a tribute to Patrice Holloway, who voiced 'Valerie' and sang as well on the show. She passed away about a year ago, and had an interesting career (she was also the sister of Motown star Brenda Holloway)- check out the link here:

http://spectropop.co...loway/index.htm
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#4 of 45 OFFLINE   Shawn_C

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted April 17 2007 - 10:16 AM

Patrice Holloway was the singing voice of Valerie. Barbara Pariot was the speaking voice of Valerie. It would be a great idea. I would love to see it. Thanks for the link.

#5 of 45 OFFLINE   Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

• 1,065 posts

Posted April 18 2007 - 09:55 AM

And of course let's not forget that it was Cheryl Ladd (AKA Cherie Moor /Cheryl Stoppelmoor) who was the singing voice of Melody Valentine.
I'm a classic TV fan. Widescreen? What's that?

#6 of 45 OFFLINE   Brian W.

Brian W.

Screenwriter

• 1,958 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted April 18 2007 - 09:11 PM

I wish they would re-release the Rhino Handmade "Josie and the Pussycats" CD along with this. It's long out of print -- I can't find a copy for under $75. It would be a great tie-in promotion.

#7 of 45 OFFLINE   Aaron Handy III

Aaron Handy III

Stunt Coordinator

• 113 posts

Posted April 21 2007 - 01:12 AM

Same here. "The Haunted Showboat"'s one of my all-time favorite New Scooby-Doo Movies.
Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com
My TV Web Shrine

#8 of 45 OFFLINE   Shawn_C

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted May 24 2007 - 01:39 PM

Well it is Official. Sept 18th is the release date. I am excited to see this finally released on DVD but I have some major problems with the upcoming release.

1) The artwork SUCKS. Just keep it simple, as like the other Hanna Barbera collection DVDs (Black broader). Why don't they use a picture like this. http://www.wingnutto.../josieband2.gif

2) There needs to be more bonus features. I am glad to see a tribute to Dan DeCarlo but I would like to see an interview with Janet Waldo, Barbara Pariot, Jackie Joseph, Casey Kasem and Danny Janssen of La La Productions. "The Haunted Showboat" episode and the Cartoon Network's "Musical Evolution" commercial should also be included in the set.

3) Also I would love to see what Earl Kress may have. It could be the footage of the real Pussycats playing their instruments or in the recording studio back in 1970's. Whatever it is I know fans would love to see it.

This 2-disc dvd set is not complete. And as a fan I am not 100% satisfied.

#9 of 45 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,648 posts

Posted May 25 2007 - 02:04 AM

They should have included Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space. Its not likely to see a release on its own.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

#10 of 45 OFFLINE   Shawn_C

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted May 26 2007 - 04:13 AM

Is there a mailing address or an email address for WB where I can voice my complaints?

#11 of 45 OFFLINE   Shawn_C

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted May 30 2007 - 02:23 PM

I really hope WB will change the artwork and also interview Janet Waldo, Barbara Pariot Illes and Jackie Joseph. Thats all I want. PLEASE....

#12 of 45 OFFLINE   Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Screenwriter

• 2,417 posts

Posted June 08 2007 - 01:26 AM

I assume all the songs will be intact, right ?
At last my body is reunited with my soul which was always feminine.

#13 of 45 OFFLINE   Shawn_C

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted June 25 2007 - 03:20 AM

All I want is the pink and orange background to be changed to Black. Just like the other Hanna Barbera collection DVD.

PLEASE!!!

http://images2.dvdem...es/1334228h.jpg

#14 of 45 OFFLINE   Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Screenwriter

• 2,417 posts

Posted August 06 2007 - 01:37 AM

I just checked on warner home video web site , and it appears that the featurette on Decarlo, wont be the only extra on the set. It now also lists Decarlo artwork as a dvd rom extra feature, sounds good !

#15 of 45 OFFLINE   Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Screenwriter

• 2,417 posts

Posted August 17 2007 - 02:07 AM

Anybody think if this set sells well , that theyll release the the outer space josie ??? I know I would buy it.

#16 of 45 OFFLINE   Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Screenwriter

• 2,417 posts

Posted August 26 2007 - 02:40 AM

Any chance for the old in the know segments, to be reinserted back into the episodes ???? Ive always heard about these, but never actually saw them .

#17 of 45 OFFLINE   buttmunker

buttmunker

Second Unit

• 329 posts

Posted August 26 2007 - 03:19 AM

tee-hee ... I just discovered they're playing two episodes On Demand, and forced my son to watch it before we switched to the usual Scooby and Tom and Jerry, and at first he was reluctant because he always is with new shows, but in the end he was asking to watch it again. A joy.

I have always loved how bitchy Alexandra was on the show. Without her, it really would have been kind of a Scooby rip-off (some say it was anyway, but boo to them). Scooby never had a vindictive character on the show; Alexandra is a one-of-a-kind, to be sure. And I even like Alex better than Shaggy for some reason. Could be because he just funnier-looking with the glasses.

Overall, Josie and the Pussycats was just funnier than Scooby on so many levels. You have the stupid Melody, who has that silly giggle (she kept calling the evil Master "Mustard," and the evil Master called her his "stupid slave"); Sebastian was funny because he could be as mean as Alexandra.

Val was a hottie, and the other girls always wore those mini-skirts that were a little risque for a children's show Posted Image
"The power of love will keep you home at night" -Huey Lewis & The News

"I give in to sin because you have to make this life liveable" -Depeche Mode

#18 of 45 OFFLINE   Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Screenwriter

• 2,417 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 10:16 AM

I really hope this set is not packaged the same way, as the space ghost and birdman sets, with those overlapping discs.Its very easy to get fingerprints on it.Any online reviews found for the set ??????

#19 of 45 OFFLINE   Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Screenwriter

• 2,417 posts

Posted September 18 2007 - 12:10 AM

This has reached number 290 on amazon sales rank !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This has been steadily climbing, each day at least 50 spots for the past week !!!!!!Im predicting the sales will be good enough, that next year I have no doubt the spinoff series will definitely be released.Anyway, since my copy is still on its way to me, whenever you guys get a chance if you buy it today and see some of the episodes,Id like to hear your thoughts.I cant seem to find an online review at any dvd site yet.

#20 of 45 OFFLINE   Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Screenwriter

• 2,417 posts

Posted September 18 2007 - 12:25 AM

After some more searching, ive located what could possibly be the first online review for the set. The trades.com has it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users