What's new

Josie and the Pussycats in the works *FINALLY* (1 Viewer)

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator
Finally a Josie and the Pussycats DVD set is in the works. Its been 3 LONG years since it was mentioned on TVshowsondvd.com and Entertainment Weekly magazine. But according to Earl Kress, plans are underway with a tribute to Dan DeCarlo the creator of the Pussycats. This tribute is expected to be part of the bonus material of the set. See the link below.

I can't wait for this to be released. I really hope they will interview Janet Waldo, Barbara Pariot, Jackie Joseph, Casey Kasem and Cheryl Ladd. And also Danny Janssen of La La Productions.

Other bonus features I would like to see included would be The New Scooby-Doo Movies "The Haunted Showboat" episode which feature Josie and the Gang as well as the Cartoon Network's "Musical Evolution" commercial.

This is good news and I hope it will be released this year.

http://www.mynameisearlkress.com/weblog/?p=152

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator

Patrice Holloway was the singing voice of Valerie. Barbara Pariot was the speaking voice of Valerie. It would be a great idea. I would love to see it.

Thanks for the link.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

And of course let's not forget that it was Cheryl Ladd (AKA Cherie Moor /Cheryl Stoppelmoor) who was the singing voice of Melody Valentine.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I wish they would re-release the Rhino Handmade "Josie and the Pussycats" CD along with this. It's long out of print -- I can't find a copy for under $75. It would be a great tie-in promotion.

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator
Well it is Official. Sept 18th is the release date. I am excited to see this finally released on DVD but I have some major problems with the upcoming release.

1) The artwork SUCKS. Just keep it simple, as like the other Hanna Barbera collection DVDs (Black broader). Why don't they use a picture like this. http://www.wingnuttoons.com/josieband2.gif

2) There needs to be more bonus features. I am glad to see a tribute to Dan DeCarlo but I would like to see an interview with Janet Waldo, Barbara Pariot, Jackie Joseph, Casey Kasem and Danny Janssen of La La Productions. "The Haunted Showboat" episode and the Cartoon Network's "Musical Evolution" commercial should also be included in the set.

3) Also I would love to see what Earl Kress may have. It could be the footage of the real Pussycats playing their instruments or in the recording studio back in 1970's. Whatever it is I know fans would love to see it.

This 2-disc dvd set is not complete. And as a fan I am not 100% satisfied.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
They should have included Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space. Its not likely to see a release on its own.

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator
Is there a mailing address or an email address for WB where I can voice my complaints?

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator
I really hope WB will change the artwork and also interview Janet Waldo, Barbara Pariot Illes and Jackie Joseph. Thats all I want. PLEASE....

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I just checked on warner home video web site , and it appears that the featurette on Decarlo, wont be the only extra on the set. It now also lists Decarlo artwork as a dvd rom extra feature, sounds good !

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Any chance for the old in the know segments, to be reinserted back into the episodes ???? Ive always heard about these, but never actually saw them .

buttmunker

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
tee-hee ... I just discovered they're playing two episodes On Demand, and forced my son to watch it before we switched to the usual Scooby and Tom and Jerry, and at first he was reluctant because he always is with new shows, but in the end he was asking to watch it again. A joy.

I have always loved how bitchy Alexandra was on the show. Without her, it really would have been kind of a Scooby rip-off (some say it was anyway, but boo to them). Scooby never had a vindictive character on the show; Alexandra is a one-of-a-kind, to be sure. And I even like Alex better than Shaggy for some reason. Could be because he just funnier-looking with the glasses.

Overall, Josie and the Pussycats was just funnier than Scooby on so many levels. You have the stupid Melody, who has that silly giggle (she kept calling the evil Master "Mustard," and the evil Master called her his "stupid slave"); Sebastian was funny because he could be as mean as Alexandra.

Val was a hottie, and the other girls always wore those mini-skirts that were a little risque for a children's show :)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I really hope this set is not packaged the same way, as the space ghost and birdman sets, with those overlapping discs.Its very easy to get fingerprints on it.Any online reviews found for the set ??????

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
This has reached number 290 on amazon sales rank !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This has been steadily climbing, each day at least 50 spots for the past week !!!!!!Im predicting the sales will be good enough, that next year I have no doubt the spinoff series will definitely be released.Anyway, since my copy is still on its way to me, whenever you guys get a chance if you buy it today and see some of the episodes,Id like to hear your thoughts.I cant seem to find an online review at any dvd site yet.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
After some more searching, ive located what could possibly be the first online review for the set. The trades.com has it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks