-

Photo
- - - - -

little help with bracing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Dave_Gib

Dave_Gib

Stunt Coordinator

• 81 posts

Posted March 25 2007 - 11:10 AM

Do you think the hole is big enough. The braces don't go all the way to the back corner, or all the way out to the side corners, but is the hole in the middle big enough, it's about 4.5 inches in diameter, I could cut another one right behind it if necessary. Where the braces need to be for support isn't where they would need to be to divide the box into 4 equal chambers.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Dave

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   bobbyg2

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor

• 897 posts

Posted March 25 2007 - 11:32 AM

Shouldn't it be the same size as the port tube? To keep it tuned to the certain frequency?
"Bobby is and idiot"

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Dave_Gib

Dave_Gib

Stunt Coordinator

• 81 posts

Posted March 25 2007 - 11:37 AM

Sorry, should've mentioned, it's a sealed enclosure.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,158 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted March 25 2007 - 02:31 PM

I would have made it bigger but I don't think it will be a problem. It looks like you will have 4 identical drivers. Each one should be creating the same pressure in its own section of the enclosure. There should be little or now air flow between chambers.

-Robert

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Mattak

Mattak

Stunt Coordinator

• 247 posts

Posted March 28 2007 - 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J
I would have made it bigger but I don't think it will be a problem. It looks like you will have 4 identical drivers. Each one should be creating the same pressure in its own section of the enclosure. There should be little or now air flow between chambers.

-Robert
Looks like the two end "chambers" are quite a bit bigger than the middle two. Personally I wouldn't restrict them that much...leaving at least the SD of a driver available.