What's new

eCost.com warning (1 Viewer)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
EDIT: Update on status on next post (4/24/07)

I've ordered from ecost a few other times. and I even ordered a refurbished Denon receiver before without problems. Hands down they have some of the best prices. However, I recently ordered a Denon AVR-2106 through them at an amazing price, all the other authorized resellers were at least a hundred dollars more. However my unit I received had some electrical problems. I contacted ecost, they told me to call Denon, they admitted the issue, told me to call ecost to exchange under the 30 exchange policy. called ecost, a claim was submitted, 3 days later I get an email telling me to place a new order. (now for the sake of writing many less lines, I called numerous times every day or every other day and kept getting the run around until I talked to a supervisor, who also gave me the run around) Long story short, They made me purchase a 2nd unit, before I could exchange my bad unit. So I get double billed and I don't get credited back the first unit for up to 30 days. Not to mention I'm out shipping cause I have to ship it back to them. After about a week longer of the run around and even talking to a supervisor, I got my 2nd receiver, before I got my Return Authorization # to ship the original bad unit back to them. Well, the 2nd unit also had some electronic issues with it, and I talked to Denon, who concured that there was another issue with this unit. (if I call ecost and tell them, they will make me purchase a 3rd before I get credited for the 1st unit and I am going to be out shipping again!) Now at this point its already been 2 weeks and I havent been able to return my first AVR. after talking to Denon. and telling them I did NOT want to deal with ecost again. they said I could ship the unit to them under the 90 day warranty (I pay one way shipping) then they fix it and send it back within 2-3 weeks. Denon was more than accommodating and very professional and courteous. I decided that I would just ship both units to Denon, have them fix them, and just keep both units. one for the bedroom and one for the living room (an idea I bounced off my wife before I originally placed the order). I figured, If I'm going to be out shipping, I might as well keep a working unit. Whenever I called ecost, I never once heard a smile on the other line, or got an authentic apology. Never once was I accommodated in a timely manner, even the supervisor made promises to me that were never kept on time. Denon admitted they shipped ecost a bad shipment of refurbished AVR 2106's. and I'm not mad about the bad product which is getting fixed. its the methods, policy's and procedures and customer service I received from ecost which is what I'm upset about. Yes, ecost has great prices, and when all goes well, your a happy customer. But if there is a problem, prepare to pay the difference in inconvenience, double charges and sleepless nights over your unresolved issues. Id much rather pay a premium from now on and order from another more accommodating company. and yes, I filed a complaint with the BBB, the next step was the Attorney General's office, but I didn't bother as I just want this nightmare to be over with.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Update on status:

Due to my complaint with the BBB. I got a response to call a woman from ecost directly. I contacted her and she was extremely nice, she worked for the company for over 7 years and apparently the call center was bought and moved to Texas from California, since then she says things haven't gone very smoothly for a lot of people in her opinion. after I explained my situation to her, and since I decided to just keep both Denon units. she offered to credit me my shipping costs to Denon (about $45) Which I felt was reasonable, especially since it was an offer, not once did I tell her I wanted something for my trouble. I gladly accepted and she proceeded to give me her direct line/fax and cell #'s, and told me from now on she would be my personal representative and handle all my needs in the future if I decide to continue to do business with them. I found this treatment more than acceptable and I actually felt like there was empathy. She also said that if I come across anyone who is having problems with ecost to forward her information to them so she may help them also. So if anyone has any problems with them, PM me, and I will gladly give you this caring employee her information as she requested me to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks