What's new

DreamWorks to Jump Into Next-Gen Fray with 'Dreamgirls?' (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
It looks like DreamWorks may be supporting both formats. Good news all the way around.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
This is good news...hope they lower their prices a bit though. :) There are alot of good Dreamworks films I want. :emoji_thumbsup:

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Bill Hunt said this the other day in his column regarding his readers to flood Universal to end the war now in favor of Blu-ray...Here's his quote:

Since we're getting Dreamgirls on BOTH formats, I guess Bill wasn't getting true information from his "sources".

I like Bill's site, but another example of misleading editorials...

Dreamgirls coming in HD DVD AND Blu-ray clearly show the company's not waiting around for a winner just yet. :)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Yep. That is why the ? is in the post title. The link in my original post states in the link this is a rumor, but a pretty well founded one.

JohnPhi

Stunt Coordinator

you are pobaby right, but lets us not forget about the spielberg titles they had there as well

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

To be fair, the Spielberg titles were just some titles on a VERY long PDF list of coming titles. They weren't on the front page in a fancy flash graphic like DreamGirls and Flag of our Fathers are. Looks pretty official to me.

Doug

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
So do the inserts in Warner HD-DVDs that say The Matrix and The Shawshank Redemption will be out in 2006. :)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
And I am telling you, I'm not going...

To resist holding out on next-generation discs much longer :D

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
The Spielberg titles did not come from thelookandsound site, but rather from the HD-DVD Promotion Group.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Can't say I'm all that interested in Dreamgirls but the prospect of Paramount releasing other Dreamworks titles on Blu-Ray has me drooling: Saving Private Ryan, Gladiator, A.I., Minority Report, War of the Worlds, Seabiscut, Road to Perdition, etc.

Hope the rumor pans out.

LarryH

Supporting Actor
Can't say I'm all that interested in Dreamgirls but the prospect of Paramount releasing other Dreamworks titles on HD-DVD has me drooling: Saving Private Ryan, Gladiator, A.I., Minority Report, War of the Worlds, Seabiscut, Road to Perdition, etc.

Hope the rumor pans out.

;)

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Seabiscuit is a Universal title and I believe it's already out on HD-DVD. A.I. is a Warner title. Both of those were co-productions that left the video rights with the other studio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks