What's new

Sunshine (1 Viewer)

Mike.P

Second Unit
Just caught the Trailer for this (been away from apple.com trailer page for too long I guess) - this should be getting far more buzz! Danny Boyle, Cillian Murphy, and sci fi? How can we lose?

Oh, and I gotta say great job to whichever Intro to Filmmaking student was allowed to cut the trailer. I've NEVER heard that song before! ;)

I keed, I keed...

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter

FOR REALZ!!! And the, "Hey, its the cast...in peril" constantly through the trailer could have been....umm...not really there. Thanks for ruining it! Now I know that they will have trouble during their mission...[/sarcasm]

lol

Looks pretty cool! I just love that good ol' Sci-Fi's are still being made....

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I knew the film was coming, but the trailer (I agree it's rather simple) did the job. Boyle has a very good eye here...the visuals look pretty amazing.

I'm in :)

Mike.P

Second Unit
Oh man, that Trailer not only has the same freaking song, its also like spoiler alert city.

Really, really wish I hadn't watched that, but my interest is piqued even further.

Ushabye

Projectionist
Real Name
Paul
There seems to be much confusion at the moment about the release date of SUNSHINE. Dark Horizons is now saying the release in the US has been put back till December. Fox UK site still lists it as coming out April 9th in Ireland & the Uk. It was originally to screen at the Dublin film festival last week, but was pulled a few days before. The Fountain was shown instead, but on the way into the screening Fox reps gave out free tickets to a preview screening of SUNSHINE on March 29th here in Dublin. This was just last week, so there are no indications that its release has been delayed in this part of the world. Yet.

Cassy_w

Second Unit
So the music from the trailer is taken from REQUIEM FOR A DREAM, but a different version. It's more techno. Not sure how to describe it, but I really really want it as a music file. I actually prefer the faster paced version of the music used in the SUNSHINE trailers to the original composition.

Anyone know where it can be found?

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

Some good acting work -- surprisingly! -- by Chris Evans, better known till now as Johnny Storm. I thought his potrayal had some rather interesting depth to it. And Hiroyuki Saneda must be the new Ken Watanabe (i.e. stoic Japanese hero).

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I've been reading on several websites (including the film's official site) that the U.S. release has been moved up to July 20th. I've been dying to see this film since well before the first delay, so to say this news pleases me to no end would be an understatement. In the meantime, I'd been feeding myself a steady diet of the film's various trailers, which has only made the wait more annoying. While Boyle has never done a film that I've outright loved, Sunshine is straight up my alley in every way, right up to the casting of Rose Byrne. Let's hope this date holds.

Cassy_w

Second Unit
OK, so it is being released in July 20 and looks to be a studio DUMP with no real advertising and marketing buildup. What a shame.

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
It's being released through the indie/arthouse division of Fox, Fox Searchlight, so advertising is probably going to be minimal at best. I know that at the screening I'm seeing next Wednesday, Danny Boyle will be doing a Q&A afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks