• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 of 75 OFFLINE   MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted February 21 2011 - 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by cliff mac 

We (Shout) were all set to do a deal for the series when MGM had it's financially problems. We hope the people overseeing the company now will allow us to license the show. It was going to be a "complete series" release.

Oh, thanks for the Inside Baseball! Any chance the deal would include any of the other Hooterville shows beside Green Acres?

So much TV... So little money! Please visit my blog at: http://tvhistoryondvd.blogspot.com/

#42 of 75 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 1,947 posts

Posted February 22 2011 - 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by cliff mac 

We (Shout) were all set to do a deal for the series when MGM had it's financially problems. We hope the people overseeing the company now will allow us to license the show. It was going to be a "complete series" release.

I sure do appreciate what you do over at Shout!  Here's hoping Paramount lets you into their vault someday.

#43 of 75 OFFLINE   keithhtt

keithhtt

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted July 15 2011 - 05:22 PM

Finally good news about Hazel! Never knew what a great show it was until I purchased season one. I will stay tuned to this forum (I just discovered) for further updates. Now has anybody heard about A good release of Dobie Gillis in the works?

#44 of 75 OFFLINE   Garysb

Garysb

Screenwriter

• 1,429 posts

Posted July 16 2011 - 01:31 AM

Finally good news about Hazel! Never knew what a great show it was until I purchased season one. I will stay tuned to this forum (I just discovered) for further updates. Now has anybody heard about A good release of Dobie Gillis in the works?

Though this is a Hazel thread, the show that Shout was going to license was Green Acres from MGM. There is no new news about Hazel from Sony other than back in February it was mentioned that Shout will release the show sometime this year.

#45 of 75 OFFLINE   keithhtt

keithhtt

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted July 16 2011 - 10:09 AM

It was the Feb mention I was referencing . Any glimmer of hope is better than what was there in '07. Thanks though.

#46 of 75 OFFLINE   keithhtt

keithhtt

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted July 16 2011 - 10:18 AM

Just to clarify, I'm new here. Is it against the rules to discuss religion and politics if it is part of the show? The songs sung in Andy Griffith while at church,Hazel praying to God ,etc ???

#47 of 75 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,405 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted July 16 2011 - 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by keithhtt 

Just to clarify, I'm new here. Is it against the rules to discuss religion and politics if it is part of the show? The songs sung in Andy Griffith while at church,Hazel praying to God ,etc ???

Keith:  Welcome to the forum.

Lets see if this is clear enough.  It is directly from the rules of the Forum (which can be easily found in the signature of any of us moderators):

4. No politics or religion. We do not permit the discussion of politics or religion at HTF. However, there is a narrow exception to this rule. If the subject matter of a movie or television show includes politics and/or religion, then they may be discussed insofar as they pertain to that specific movie or television show. We stress, however, that such discussions are carefully monitored and will be moderated if it appears that any participant is using this narrow exception to introduce a broader political or religious discussion than is warranted by the movie or television show under discussion. Also, anyone who has not seen a particular movie or television show is disqualified from discussing its political and/or religious content under this rule.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#48 of 75 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted July 18 2011 - 12:14 PM

I've got a question for the TV history aces on this board.  According to this site here  (Classic TV Archives site) , Hazel went color in its 2nd season in 1962.  I had thought that no TV series prior to 1965 (NBC was the 1st network to go color that year, right?) was filmed in color.

Does anyone know how many TV series were filmed in color prior to NBC's 1965 season?

I think the last season of the Lone Ranger (S5) was also a color season.

I also wonder how many shows were filmed in color before 1965, and broadcast in B/W.  The Lucy Show's 2nd season was filmed in color if I recall but was broadcast in B/W.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#49 of 75 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,028 posts

Posted July 18 2011 - 12:33 PM

"The Joey Bishop Show" filmed in color it's two seasons on NBC, 1962-64 yet amazingly when it was canceled and moved to CBS for one more season, it went back to B/W! (which it had been its first season on NBC in 61-62 in the different format) "The Virginian" was in color from the beginning in 1962 on NBC, as was "Bonanza" in 1959. There are other NBC programs before 65 that I think also had that status. CBS was a holdout because they didn't want to encourage sales of RCA Color TVs.

#50 of 75 OFFLINE   Joe Lugoff

Joe Lugoff

Screenwriter

• 2,022 posts

Posted July 18 2011 - 01:27 PM

NBC was the main proponent of color television, mainly to sell color television sets manufactured by the parent company, RCA. What happened in the 1965-66 season wasn't that NBC "went color" -- several shows had been in color for many years (most of them live or on tape, a few filmed). What happened that season was that ABC and CBS started broadcasting many shows in color. I used to think nothing had been in color on ABC and CBS prior to that season, but that's not true. I was looking through old TV Guides from 1955, and I was surprised to see some shows in color on CBS, for instance that week's episode of "My Favorite Husband" (which I think was live). As for shows being filmed in color before 1965, there were quite a few of them. Two syndicated shows come to mind: Seasons 3 through 6 of "The Adventures of Superman" were filmed in color and the first season of "Science Fiction Theatre." I think there were others, too. The Hanna-Barbera network cartoon series "The Flintstones," "Top Cat," "The Jetsons," etc.. were all made in color, and they even may have been shown in color on ABC originally. Walt Disney moved his show to NBC from ABC in 1961 specifically so it could be shown in color. The name was even changed to "Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color." "Hazel" and "The Joey Bishop Show" were already mentioned. There were many dramatic shows (including Westerns) in color on NBC, for instance, "Bonanza," "The Virginian," "Laramie," "Chrysler Theatre," and many more. Even ABC had color earlier than 1965. The 1963-64 season for "Wagon Train," when it expanded to 90 minutes, was broadcast in color on ABC.

#51 of 75 OFFLINE   keithhtt

keithhtt

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted July 19 2011 - 06:53 AM

Awesome! Thank-you so much!

#52 of 75 OFFLINE   Joe Lugoff

Joe Lugoff

Screenwriter

• 2,022 posts

Posted July 25 2011 - 11:30 AM

TVShowsonDVD.com is reporting that the Shout! catalog shows a November 1 release date for HAZEL - Season 2. :)

#53 of 75 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,565 posts

Posted July 25 2011 - 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Lugoff 

TVShowsonDVD.com is reporting that the Shout! catalog shows a November 1 release date for HAZEL - Season 2. Posted Image

Posted Image

Gary "excellent news" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#54 of 75 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,565 posts

Posted November 08 2011 - 01:48 AM

Great news about Season 2 found here.

Gary "glad this show is finally getting off the snide" O.

#55 of 75 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted November 08 2011 - 12:29 PM

Good news. I'm in for S2 Posted Image

#56 of 75 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,565 posts

Posted November 08 2011 - 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Willis 

Good news. I'm in for S2 Posted Image

Posted Image

Gary "Jeff, you are in rare form today" O. 

#57 of 75 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted November 09 2011 - 06:45 AM

Quote: :laugh: Gary "Jeff, you are in rare form today" O. 

Posted Image Hazel's preparing dinner. I'm late for an E.A. meeting ("Emoticons Anonymous") Been looking over the episode info for S2 over at the Classic TV Archive site. Interesting eps coming for S2.

#58 of 75 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,565 posts

Posted November 09 2011 - 03:17 PM

Season Two will surely be well worth the purchase, Jeff.  No doubt about it being a solid season of Hazel.

Gary "continuing to love the different emoticons" O.

#59 of 75 OFFLINE   Kasey

Kasey

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted February 11 2012 - 05:09 AM

Well, we've still got 2 weeks til S2 is in stores, and already S3 has been announced! http://www.tvshowson...-Season-3/16516 I hope this means Hazel will follow the same release pattern as Dennis. We may have S5 by the end of 2012!

#60 of 75 OFFLINE   longhorncutlass

longhorncutlass

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted February 21 2012 - 06:42 AM

Well, it's finally here, 2-21-12 and season 2 of Hazel. Please do purchase it either on Amazon.com or at Barnes & Noble book stores or at their online website. Heck you could even purchase it at Best Buy's website. Yes, Shout! Factory has already announced the release date of season 3 of Hazel for May, 2012! Hooray, we may even have season 4 out by Christmas of this year at the rate they're going. Just went to B&N store on my lunch hour and bought season 2. I plan to purchase seasons 3 and 4 also. Love that Hazel!:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users