What's new

Hazel season 2? (1 Viewer)

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by cliff mac
We (Shout) were all set to do a deal for the series when MGM had it's financially problems. We hope the people overseeing the company now will allow us to license the show. It was going to be a "complete series" release.
Oh, thanks for the Inside Baseball! Any chance the deal would include any of the other Hooterville shows beside Green Acres?

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Originally Posted by cliff mac
We (Shout) were all set to do a deal for the series when MGM had it's financially problems. We hope the people overseeing the company now will allow us to license the show. It was going to be a "complete series" release.
I sure do appreciate what you do over at Shout! Here's hoping Paramount lets you into their vault someday.

keithhtt

Auditioning
Real Name
keith
Finally good news about Hazel! Never knew what a great show it was until I purchased season one. I will stay tuned to this forum (I just discovered) for further updates. Now has anybody heard about A good release of Dobie Gillis in the works?

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
keithhtt said:
Finally good news about Hazel! Never knew what a great show it was until I purchased season one. I will stay tuned to this forum (I just discovered) for further updates. Now has anybody heard about A good release of Dobie Gillis in the works?
Though this is a Hazel thread, the show that Shout was going to license was Green Acres from MGM. There is no new news about Hazel from Sony other than back in February it was mentioned that Shout will release the show sometime this year.

keithhtt

Auditioning
Real Name
keith
It was the Feb mention I was referencing . Any glimmer of hope is better than what was there in '07. Thanks though.

keithhtt

Auditioning
Real Name
keith
Robert Crawford said:
Just to clarify, I'm new here. Is it against the rules to discuss religion and politics if it is part of the show? The songs sung in Andy Griffith while at church,Hazel praying to God ,etc ???

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
keithhtt said:
. We do not permit the discussion of politics or religion at HTF. However, there is a narrow exception to this rule. If the subject matter of a movie or television show includes politics and/or religion, then they may be discussed insofar as they pertain to that specific movie or television show. We stress, however, that such discussions are carefully monitored and will be moderated if it appears that any participant is using this narrow exception to introduce a broader political or religious discussion than is warranted by the movie or television show under discussion. Also, anyone who has not seen a particular movie or television show is disqualified from discussing its political and/or religious content under this rule.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I've got a question for the TV history aces on this board. According to this site here (Classic TV Archives site) , Hazel went color in its 2nd season in 1962. I had thought that no TV series prior to 1965 (NBC was the 1st network to go color that year, right?) was filmed in color.

Does anyone know how many TV series were filmed in color prior to NBC's 1965 season?

I think the last season of the Lone Ranger (S5) was also a color season.

I also wonder how many shows were filmed in color before 1965, and broadcast in B/W. The Lucy Show's 2nd season was filmed in color if I recall but was broadcast in B/W.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
"The Joey Bishop Show" filmed in color it's two seasons on NBC, 1962-64 yet amazingly when it was canceled and moved to CBS for one more season, it went back to B/W! (which it had been its first season on NBC in 61-62 in the different format)
"The Virginian" was in color from the beginning in 1962 on NBC, as was "Bonanza" in 1959. There are other NBC programs before 65 that I think also had that status. CBS was a holdout because they didn't want to encourage sales of RCA Color TVs.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
NBC was the main proponent of color television, mainly to sell color television sets manufactured by the parent company, RCA.
What happened in the 1965-66 season wasn't that NBC "went color" -- several shows had been in color for many years (most of them live or on tape, a few filmed). What happened that season was that ABC and CBS started broadcasting many shows in color.
I used to think nothing had been in color on ABC and CBS prior to that season, but that's not true. I was looking through old TV Guides from 1955, and I was surprised to see some shows in color on CBS, for instance that week's episode of "My Favorite Husband" (which I think was live).
As for shows being filmed in color before 1965, there were quite a few of them. Two syndicated shows come to mind: Seasons 3 through 6 of "The Adventures of Superman" were filmed in color and the first season of "Science Fiction Theatre." I think there were others, too.
The Hanna-Barbera network cartoon series "The Flintstones," "Top Cat," "The Jetsons," etc.. were all made in color, and they even may have been shown in color on ABC originally.
Walt Disney moved his show to NBC from ABC in 1961 specifically so it could be shown in color. The name was even changed to "Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color." "Hazel" and "The Joey Bishop Show" were already mentioned. There were many dramatic shows (including Westerns) in color on NBC, for instance, "Bonanza," "The Virginian," "Laramie," "Chrysler Theatre," and many more. Even ABC had color earlier than 1965. The 1963-64 season for "Wagon Train," when it expanded to 90 minutes, was broadcast in color on ABC.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
TVShowsonDVD.com is reporting that the Shout! catalog shows a November 1 release date for HAZEL - Season 2. :)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Lugoff
TVShowsonDVD.com is reporting that the Shout! catalog shows a November 1 release date for HAZEL - Season 2.

Gary "excellent news" O.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Good news. I'm in for S2
2i6c7wh.jpg

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Gary OS said:
     Quote:
:laugh:
Gary "Jeff, you are in rare form today" O. 
2r7nfdh.jpg
Hazel's preparing dinner. I'm late for an E.A. meeting ("Emoticons Anonymous")
Been looking over the episode info for S2 over at the Classic TV Archive site. Interesting eps coming for S2.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Season Two will surely be well worth the purchase, Jeff. No doubt about it being a solid season of Hazel.

Gary "continuing to love the different emoticons" O.

longhorncutlass

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith Michaels
Well, it's finally here, 2-21-12 and season 2 of Hazel. Please do purchase it either on Amazon.com or at Barnes & Noble book stores or at their online website. Heck you could even purchase it at Best Buy's website.
Yes, Shout! Factory has already announced the release date of season 3 of Hazel for May, 2012! Hooray, we may even have season 4 out by Christmas of this year at the rate they're going. Just went to B&N store on my lunch hour and bought season 2. I plan to purchase seasons 3 and 4 also.
Love that Hazel!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks