-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"The Fugitive" (1963): Season 1; Volume 1 Rumored To Be In The Works!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
706 replies to this topic

#701 of 707 Hank Dearborn

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor

• 715 posts

Posted February 27 2008 - 03:40 AM

I just go it today. Why does it say there is music changed? What music would there be that would need to be changed in this show?

#702 of 707 michael_ks

michael_ks

Screenwriter

• 1,295 posts

Posted February 27 2008 - 04:00 AM

Purchased my set yesterday and failed to notice the remark about the music change--now I'm very curious. I quickly perused all episodes, using episode chapter breaks and found the image quality to be every bit as good as the vol. 1 set, so I guess I don't understand the caveat issued by the reviewer at DVDbeaver.com.

Oddly enough (and perhaps not) the opening titles feature the slightly extended version where we see a frog at the creek in exactly two episodes only ("Never Stop Running" and "Storm Center", I believe). I wonder if this is true to the original version or if the revised opening inadvertantly got tacked on for these segments.

#703 of 707 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,685 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted February 27 2008 - 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Dearborn
I just go it today. Why does it say there is music changed? What music would there be that would need to be changed in this show?
If I remember correctly, they did that on the first volume too but no one noticed any changes and the thought was that Paramount put that warning on there to cover all their bases.

#704 of 707 Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,682 posts

Posted February 27 2008 - 07:53 AM

Season 2, volume 1 announced!

Amazon.com: The Fugitive: Season Two Vol 1: Fugitive: Movies & TV

June 10, 2008....

#705 of 707 Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,550 posts

Posted February 27 2008 - 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Dearborn

I can verify at least one instance of a music substitution. At about the 22 minute mark of episode #16, "The Garden House", there's a band playing at a home party. It's completely unimportant to the scene, but the score they are playing is substituted for another song. Again, it's nothing close to a big deal, although I admit I like the original music better. Have no clue what either the original or replacement is.

Gary "if that's the only substitutions with this set, it's a complete non-issue" O.
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#706 of 707 Tina_H_V

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor

• 518 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted February 27 2008 - 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywoodaholic
$22.19 at Borders if you used the 40% coupon they issued to Reward members for DVD box sets this week. That was the best B&M deal I could find on this (Season 1, Volume 2), though I did pick up the first volume for $19 at Circuit City when it was released (but their stock is always iffy).

That's what I did, Hollywood! Posted Image
The Acid Queen Still Rocks and Souls!!!! ;D

#707 of 707 Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Screenwriter

• 1,255 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida

Posted February 28 2008 - 06:55 AM

High resolution box art for Season 2, Volume 1 from the usual place.

The Fugitive DVD news: Box Art for The Fugitive - Season 2, Volume 1 | TVShowsOnDVD.com

Forum Nav Content I Follow