"The Fugitive" (1963): Season 1; Volume 1 Rumored To Be In The Works!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by David Von Pein, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Hank Dearborn

Hank Dearborn Supporting Actor

I just go it today. Why does it say there is music changed? What music would there be that would need to be changed in this show?

2. michael_ks

michael_ks Screenwriter

Purchased my set yesterday and failed to notice the remark about the music change--now I'm very curious. I quickly perused all episodes, using episode chapter breaks and found the image quality to be every bit as good as the vol. 1 set, so I guess I don't understand the caveat issued by the reviewer at DVDbeaver.com.

Oddly enough (and perhaps not) the opening titles feature the slightly extended version where we see a frog at the creek in exactly two episodes only ("Never Stop Running" and "Storm Center", I believe). I wonder if this is true to the original version or if the revised opening inadvertantly got tacked on for these segments.

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

If I remember correctly, they did that on the first volume too but no one noticed any changes and the thought was that Paramount put that warning on there to cover all their bases.

4. Craig Beam

Craig Beam Screenwriter

Craig Beam
  5. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary

I can verify at least one instance of a music substitution. At about the 22 minute mark of episode #16, "The Garden House", there's a band playing at a home party. It's completely unimportant to the scene, but the score they are playing is substituted for another song. Again, it's nothing close to a big deal, although I admit I like the original music better. Have no clue what either the original or replacement is.

Gary "if that's the only substitutions with this set, it's a complete non-issue" O.

6. Tina_H_V

Tina_H_V Supporting Actor

Tina

That's what I did, Hollywood! [​IMG]

7. Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic Edge of Glory?

Wayne