What's new

Black Friday deals and discussion (1 Viewer)

BrianTwig

Second Unit
Well, Black Friday is almost upon us and some of us will be out there fighting The Blue Hairs for deals.

Who, what, and where are the hot deals on displays?

Thanks!

Randall Z

Stunt Coordinator
Circuit City will have the PT-52LCX66 for $999. Is this set any good? Anyone have a link to a review?

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
On Black Friday, I will be skiing in Salt Lake City and will not be going any where near a store.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Jeff - after all the camping out madness from last week (read ..two console launches), I'm fairly inclined to side with you on this one. But then again, some of these deals are soooooooooooooo tempting....

Hans M.

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking for my first HDTV and one Best Buy associate shared a great tip: buy it this week and come back on Friday with the receipt and go straight to customer service for a price adjustment.

CoreyAC

Stunt Coordinator

i see that BB has killer dvd sale on black friday...can i do that with the dvd's too???

Hans M.

Stunt Coordinator
I stand corrected! I went to the same BB and spoke to the same guy who told me about the PM technique, ready to buy a TV. He said he made a mistake and that his manager told him: "No, you cannot price match against black Friday specials if you buy it another day." He said I could get there around midnight the day before or be one of the first 100 in line to assure myself on deal on something I want. Screw it. I hate the idea of fighting those crowds. Anyone know of on-line BF specials? Shouldn't Amazon do it?

Tom June

Agent
Hi Guys,

I need a little help. Circuit City's going to have the Sony KDF-50E2000 on sale on Friday for $1075. This seems like a good deal and I'm thinking of jumping on it. I'm not very savy when it comes to this stuff and was wondering if it was worth it to get a 720p set right now, or would waiting for a 1080p set be worth it? Is there really a huge advantage right now?

snash22

Agent
Real Name
Steve Nash
Tom,

"Circuit City's going to have the Sony KDF-50E2000 on sale on Friday for $1075"

I can't find this deal at Circuit City. The TV is not in their Black Friday circular and on their website it is listed as $1619 ($1799 less $180). This is the same as Sears.

At $1619 I'm not sure it is a bargain worth jumping at. At $1075 I'll stand in line in the freezing cold.

Do you have a link to this deal?

Hans M.

Stunt Coordinator

It's not the same TV, but, according to teh link provided earlier (gotadeal.com), Best Buy was to have a Panasonic 42" Plasma HDTV for $999.99. I did not see that in teh circular either. Should we really trust this web site, even if it's not in the circular?

snash22

Agent
Real Name
Steve Nash
Hans,

Good point - Why would BB or anyone else have a great BF sale and not advertise it? I am assuming that most early friday morning shoppers are going for specific items, not shopping around. Where do the BF websites get the info from?

Off Topic - Does anyone have any input regarding the crazy cheap prices on shopping.yahoo.com? Is there a catch, like no warranty, or no returns?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks