Black Friday deals and discussion

Discussion in 'Displays' started by BrianTwig, Nov 20, 2006.

1. BrianTwig

BrianTwig Second Unit

Well, Black Friday is almost upon us and some of us will be out there fighting The Blue Hairs for deals.

Who, what, and where are the hot deals on displays?

Thanks!

2. BrianTwig

BrianTwig Second Unit

Nobody knows of some killer deals out there for Friday?

3. Scott Lang

Scott Lang Agent

4. Scott Lang

Scott Lang Agent

5. Randall Z

Randall Z Stunt Coordinator

Circuit City will have the PT-52LCX66 for $999. Is this set any good? Anyone have a link to a review?

6. Jeff_CusBlues

Jeff_CusBlues Supporting Actor

On Black Friday, I will be skiing in Salt Lake City and will not be going any where near a store.

7. Mike~Sileck

Mike~Sileck Supporting Actor

Jeff - after all the camping out madness from last week (read ..two console launches), I'm fairly inclined to side with you on this one. But then again, some of these deals are soooooooooooooo tempting....

8. Hans M.

Hans M. Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking for my first HDTV and one Best Buy associate shared a great tip: buy it this week and come back on Friday with the receipt and go straight to customer service for a price adjustment.

9. CoreyAC

CoreyAC Stunt Coordinator

i see that BB has killer dvd sale on black friday...can i do that with the dvd's too???

10. Hans M.

I don't see why not since they do general price matches with DVDs.

11. CoreyAC

CoreyAC Stunt Coordinator

wont work for me...black friday i'll be in this office working...this sucks.

12. Hans M.

I stand corrected! I went to the same BB and spoke to the same guy who told me about the PM technique, ready to buy a TV. He said he made a mistake and that his manager told him: "No, you cannot price match against black Friday specials if you buy it another day." He said I could get there around midnight the day before or be one of the first 100 in line to assure myself on deal on something I want. Screw it. I hate the idea of fighting those crowds. Anyone know of on-line BF specials? Shouldn't Amazon do it?

13. Dennis*G

Dennis*G Supporting Actor

anyone know what this toshiba projector is like? I cannot track down the model to get the specs

http://bfads.net/pop/3053

14. Tom June

Tom June Agent

Hi Guys,

I need a little help. Circuit City's going to have the Sony KDF-50E2000 on sale on Friday for $1075. This seems like a good deal and I'm thinking of jumping on it. I'm not very savy when it comes to this stuff and was wondering if it was worth it to get a 720p set right now, or would waiting for a 1080p set be worth it? Is there really a huge advantage right now?

15. snash22

snash22 Agent

Tom,

"Circuit City's going to have the Sony KDF-50E2000 on sale on Friday for $1075"

I can't find this deal at Circuit City. The TV is not in their Black Friday circular and on their website it is listed as $1619 ($1799 less $180). This is the same as Sears.

At $1619 I'm not sure it is a bargain worth jumping at. At $1075 I'll stand in line in the freezing cold.

Do you have a link to this deal?

16. Hans M.

It's not the same TV, but, according to teh link provided earlier (gotadeal.com), Best Buy was to have a Panasonic 42" Plasma HDTV for $999.99. I did not see that in teh circular either. Should we really trust this web site, even if it's not in the circular?

17. snash22

snash22 Agent

Hans,

Good point - Why would BB or anyone else have a great BF sale and not advertise it? I am assuming that most early friday morning shoppers are going for specific items, not shopping around. Where do the BF websites get the info from?

Off Topic - Does anyone have any input regarding the crazy cheap prices on shopping.yahoo.com? Is there a catch, like no warranty, or no returns?

18. Hans M.

19. Tom June

Tom June Agent

Sorry about the delayed response. Apparently CC is having some sort of "secret sale" on Friday. It's an unadvertised sale like BB is doing.

I found this info on http://bfads.net/

20. Tom June

Tom June Agent