Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Amp Change Problems with Box

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   AhsanR

AhsanR

Stunt Coordinator

• 207 posts

Posted October 19 2006 - 10:16 AM

Hey guys, well I am going from one amp to another, and unfortunately, I have run into a problem.

I am gong from the Bash amplifier I bought at partx express with the dimensions of 12" W x 8" H x 3-1/2" D

to the O audio Bash amplifier with 10.2 Width and 11.95 Height and 3.25 inch depth.

Calculating that, I'll have a blank hole in my wall of two inches in width and eight inches in height. Any way I can alleviate that? What would happen if just nailed down another peice of wood on there?

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Joey Skinner

Joey Skinner

Second Unit

• 339 posts

Posted October 19 2006 - 11:42 AM

If the edges of the cutout are straight and flat you could glue and clamp pieces to make up the difference. Turn the new amp sideways and there is only 1.8" difference in the size. If this is your Avalanche sub why are you changing amps?

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   AhsanR

AhsanR

Stunt Coordinator

• 207 posts

Posted October 19 2006 - 12:04 PM

The 500 watt Bash Amp from Parts Express have a +5 Bass boost at 35hz, meaning all the sound below 35hz is decreased by 5db!!!!! THE HEART AND SOUL OF A HT SUB!!! (I called to confirm, and when I asked the guy yelled at me and said I had to be insane to want 5 more db at 20hz - and that i'd blow the sub up, whatev).

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Owen Bartley

Owen Bartley

Second Unit

• 486 posts

Posted October 20 2006 - 01:06 AM

AshanR, I think you have that backwards, see my reply to your other thread.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey

Producer

• 4,952 posts

Posted October 20 2006 - 03:25 AM

Quote:
The 500 watt Bash Amp from Parts Express have a +5 Bass boost at 35hz, meaning all the sound below 35hz is decreased by 5db!!!!!
?

If you scroll down a little bit on PE's page for that BASH amp, you find how to change the boost to whatever you want:

http://www.partsexpr....number=300-752
SVS Customer Service
http://www.svsound.com
sales@svsound.com
techsupport@svsound.com