Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

SHORT TIME (Dabney Coleman)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   David_P

David_P

Stunt Coordinator

• 149 posts

Posted September 20 2006 - 09:10 AM

This is a great comedy about a cop whose blood test gets messed up with some else's and he thinks he's dying. He then tries to get himself killed on the job so his estranged wife and kid can get a huge life insurance settlement... great comedy and car chases etc/

Never been released on DVD in R1 :-(

Anyone heard anything about this one?

David

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,219 posts

Posted September 20 2006 - 02:11 PM

I remember always wanting to see this one, as I like Coleman, but it never was released theatrically in my area. And, I never got around to renting it.

From the IMDB, it looks like Fox owns it.

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter

• 1,151 posts

Posted September 22 2006 - 06:19 PM

It was one of the last films that David Begelman's Gladden Entertainment produced. While they had a P&A deal with Fox, I believe their assets are now owned by MGM. There are some old Live/Artisan VHS tapes floating around; they used to have a deal with Gladden.
"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   David_P

David_P

Stunt Coordinator

• 149 posts

Posted December 04 2008 - 02:24 AM

so......

anyone heard anything about this movie possibly making it to DVD? Best car chase ever!

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   David_P

David_P

Stunt Coordinator

• 149 posts

Posted November 24 2009 - 02:57 AM

thought I'd bump this one... still no news I can find about this very very funny and entertaining movie.

David

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Van594

Van594

Stunt Coordinator

• 164 posts

Posted November 24 2009 - 05:06 AM

I've been wanting this one too. It was released in another region but want something without the speed-up. Funny movie, this and Hot-To Trot (also with Dabney Coleman) are high on my list. With the studios starting to go over to VOD maybe they will be relased soon.

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   David_P

David_P

Stunt Coordinator

• 149 posts

Posted November 09 2010 - 06:01 AM

still haven't heard anything about this... I wonder if there's a way to get it made available for one of the MOD programs?

David

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Van594

Van594

Stunt Coordinator

• 164 posts

Posted November 09 2010 - 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by David_P 

still haven't heard anything about this... I wonder if there's a way to get it made available for one of the MOD programs?

David

It was a 20th Century Fox film but not sure if they still have the rights.

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   zackscott5

zackscott5

Stunt Coordinator

• 90 posts

Posted November 09 2010 - 09:17 AM

It was released on LAserdisc by Image entertainment and VHS BY Live Entertainment. Fox only held the US Theatrical Distribution rights.  It's probably one of those movies that fell through the crack since the Production company, Gladden eNtertainment, folded after this film and Mannequein2: on the move; even thought they had some very succesful/popular films (Weekend At Bernies, The FAbulous BAker Boys, The Manhatten Project, Millenium). It is avaliable on REgion 2 DVD from CArlton Home Video but it looks like that it went out of print.

Hope this helps...

Check Out my Webseries "Laserdisc Memories" at  http://www.laserdiscmemories.com

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter

• 1,151 posts

Posted November 10 2010 - 01:07 PM

MGM has the U.S. rights - they inherited the Gladden library as part of the Epic package.  Other Gladden-produced movies like MANNEQUIN and its sequel, THE FABULOUS BAKER BOYS, and WEEKEND AT BERNIE'S have been released on DVD by them; maybe this will come in their new MOD program with Fox.

"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal