What's new

SHORT TIME (Dabney Coleman) (1 Viewer)

David_P

Stunt Coordinator
This is a great comedy about a cop whose blood test gets messed up with some else's and he thinks he's dying. He then tries to get himself killed on the job so his estranged wife and kid can get a huge life insurance settlement... great comedy and car chases etc/

Never been released on DVD in R1 :-(

Anyone heard anything about this one?

David

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I remember always wanting to see this one, as I like Coleman, but it never was released theatrically in my area. And, I never got around to renting it.

From the IMDB, it looks like Fox owns it.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
It was one of the last films that David Begelman's Gladden Entertainment produced. While they had a P&A deal with Fox, I believe their assets are now owned by MGM. There are some old Live/Artisan VHS tapes floating around; they used to have a deal with Gladden.

David_P

Stunt Coordinator
so......

anyone heard anything about this movie possibly making it to DVD? Best car chase ever!

David_P

Stunt Coordinator
thought I'd bump this one... still no news I can find about this very very funny and entertaining movie.

David

Van594

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
I've been wanting this one too. It was released in another region but want something without the speed-up. Funny movie, this and Hot-To Trot (also with Dabney Coleman) are high on my list. With the studios starting to go over to VOD maybe they will be relased soon.

David_P

Stunt Coordinator
still haven't heard anything about this... I wonder if there's a way to get it made available for one of the MOD programs?

David

Van594

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Originally Posted by David_P

still haven't heard anything about this... I wonder if there's a way to get it made available for one of the MOD programs?

David

It was a 20th Century Fox film but not sure if they still have the rights.

zackscott5

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Zack Scott
It was released on LAserdisc by Image entertainment and VHS BY Live Entertainment. Fox only held the US Theatrical Distribution rights. It's probably one of those movies that fell through the crack since the Production company, Gladden eNtertainment, folded after this film and Mannequein2: on the move; even thought they had some very succesful/popular films (Weekend At Bernies, The FAbulous BAker Boys, The Manhatten Project, Millenium). It is avaliable on REgion 2 DVD from CArlton Home Video but it looks like that it went out of print.

Hope this helps...

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
MGM has the U.S. rights - they inherited the Gladden library as part of the Epic package. Other Gladden-produced movies like MANNEQUIN and its sequel, THE FABULOUS BAKER BOYS, and WEEKEND AT BERNIE'S have been released on DVD by them; maybe this will come in their new MOD program with Fox.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks