Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Does this TV exist?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   PaulDA

PaulDA

Screenwriter

• 2,583 posts
  • LocationSt. Hubert, Quebec, Canada

Posted August 17 2006 - 06:58 AM

NO burn in--OAR means OAR and I watch a lot of old films--I will NOT stretch the image.

NO motion blurring (or as little as possible--so far, LCD, to my eyes, seems to suffer the most from this problem, but I've not looked at the MOST expensive sets).

DEEP BLACKS and GOOD SHADOW DETAIL--a lot of the classic films I watch are not only 4:3 but black&white

5000$CDN or less

REASONABLE Standard Definition playback--I understand SD looks relatively poor than HD on HDTVs, but some must be better than others in that regard--there's not enough HD programming in my neck of the woods for me to forgo SD channels.

45-55 inches

I recently helped a friend shop for a TV and HT setup. He went with a DLP RP (he liked it a lot) and I was mainly along for the audio portion of his rig (audio is a far more important element for me and it is where my expertise (relative to his) lies).

I was planning to wait another couple of years, but I do admit the big screen "bug" bit me while I was shopping with him. So, does the TV I want exist?
(I know there is no perfect TV, but I would like to do reasonably well with one).
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes time, and it annoys the pig.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   glenm

glenm

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted August 17 2006 - 07:47 AM

Check out the second generation SXRD KDS 50A2000 which uses the same technology of the SXRD XBR1 plus its 1080p

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   glenm

glenm

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted August 17 2006 - 07:51 AM

Check out the second generation SXRD KDS 50A2000. Which uses the same technology of the SXRD XBR1 the flagship of the Sony HDTV line up plus its 1080p. If you want to go for a 60" go buy the SXRD XBR2 coming out early fall. Hope this would help you find your perfect HDTV.