What's new

Worst movie you ever paid to see? (1 Viewer)

Just had this question posed to me this morning. "What is the worst movies you've ever paid to see". I can remember paying to see Ishtar. But that one was not the worst one. I seem to remember that I almost walked out of a movie, just can't remember which one. Give me some time.
Stephen T.

DannyS

Second Unit
species. argh..uku.......... :-(
------------------
Panasonic TX-21M2T TV
Sony DVP 536
Old Panasonic Stereo! :)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I'm moving this to Polls.
Dan (UK)
PS: In answer to the question.... Scream 3 really did waste my time, I am sure there are others. :)

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Quickest to my mind comes The Perfect Storm. So awful. What makes it so bizarre is the elements. A good director and cast and the book's supposedly a great read. WTF, indeed!
Theo

Dave L

Stunt Coordinator
Love to get refunds for:
Ishtar
Bonfire of the Vanities
Flash Gordon
Mame
Man of La Mancha
Lost Horizon, the musical
A Little Night Music
there are probably a lot more given time to think

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I usually do a lot of research before I go pay to see a movie so most of the bad movies that are released I never pay to see in theaters. That being said, Hoosiers, is the worst movie I pais to see & the only movie that I wanted to walk out on before it was finished (I was stopped by my girlfriend). If I had walked out on it, I would still be able to tell you exactly what happened in the film's last hour.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Planet Of The Apes '01 and Edges Of The Lord leap to mind, but only because they're recent. I'm sure I've seen worse - Orson Welles's The Trial is a strong contender - but have a hard time remembering if that's the case.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
First Knight leads the pack but there have been some stinkers:
The Ninth Gate.
Batman and Robin.
Wing Commander.
------------------
Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Hannibal
Batman and Robin
------------------
ribbon.gif
RainHTFpic.jpg

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon
Anyone in the Vancouver Canada area interested in a meet? Click here
MOVING ON DOES NOT MEAN FORGETTING.

Last Action Hero
Judge Dredd
Showgilrls....at least this one had nudity
James
------------------
"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum!"
Little Bijou

James Spraggs

Stunt Coordinator
Well I would have to say one of the worst i seen was Cops and Robersons starring Chevy Chase. There were only like two funny parts in the movie and both were shown in the trailer. Down right horrible.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'd have to say it is a toss up between Driven and Blair Whitch Project, with Perfect Storm getting an honorable mention.
While I didn't PAY to watch Battlefield Earth, I'd have to say it was in the top 5 worst of all time.
------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Link Removed (sorry, car guy)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Natural Born Killers
Well, I'm sure most of you liked this movie but I couldn't stand it and wondered why I waisted 2 hours of my life on this.
Brent L

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
This one is hardly a well known flick, but I paid to see a 6+ hour movie, Our Hitler, by Jans-Jurgen Syberburg. Crap disguised as art. Ugh.
However, in the mainstream, hands down its "The Blair Witch Project." I felt like someone had just reached into my pocket and stolen $8. Actress Fran Drescher was in the same theater when I saw it. I'd have rather listened to her grating voice for two hours than see this movie.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
That's easy, Street Fighter. I only pais a dollar to see it but I was stilled ticked that they got my money.
------------------
Rich
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
The Adventures of Joe Dirt. Wasted $5.25 and 90 minutes of my life watching that piece of crap.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks