What's new

Paramount Properties (1 Viewer)

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
Your question could be interpreted a few ways, but I'll assume you want to know the brands that Paramount Home Entertainment distributes... distribution rights does not necessarily mean ownership. For example, CBS video, though distributed by Paramount, is a separate entity - and they make their own decisions regarding release dates, packaging, extras, etc.

Paramount
Paramount Television
CBS
Comedy Central
Hasbro
MTV
Nickelodeon
PBS
PBS Kids
Spike

In addition, PHE owns or has distribution rights for these specific brands:
Peanuts
Star Trek
Batjac

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
Doesn't Paramount also have distribution rights for Republic? Republic released my most wanted tv series, CAR 54 WHERE ARE YOU? on vhs in the 90's.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Yes they do.

They (Paramount / Republic) also control the complete BETTY BOOP filmography as well as the two Fleischer feature-lengths, GULLIVER'S TRAVELS (1939) and MR. BUG (a.k.a Hoppity) GOES TO TOWN (1941) as well as the entire COLOR CLASSICS series, I believe.

tommyST

Auditioning
Real Name
tommystewart
A chat would be awesome! I am very interested to find out their plans for the Spelling Properties (Twin Peaks, Beverly Hills 90210, Melrose Place, Dynasty, and Summerland) that became there at the beginning of the year (if they have any). And I would also like to know why 'Charmed' has never gotten any sort of special features despite the cast and crew vocally saying they are willing to participate.

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
Well, as I understand. Paramount was a Viacom company, and what was Viacom is now CBS Paramount. So Viacom and Paramount in essence closed down.

JeffT.

Deceased Member
The majority of Quinn Martin Productions tv series are now under the auspices of Paramount Pictures Television and if there is to be any definite word pertaining to this (elusive) television film library's current disposition then a question-and-answers session conducted by the Home Theater Forum with some (informed) Paramount representatives would serve quite nicely indeed.

It would mean that finally it could be known just what has become of THE INVADERS (ABC 1967-68) as a tv syndication property and the likeliness of a possible DVD release sometime in the near future.

You (already) have my vote for such an online event.

Jeff T.

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
Paramount practice. Unless you're Star Trek you get nothing. Frasier, Cheers...all the same.
CBS Paramount is making things a little better - Charmed Season 8 will have something(s) but that is the only change I think has happened.

I wish we would get more on Touched By An Angel, the irony that at one point the show brought CBS out of the toilet and was a staple of the network for 9 years yet they can't release it on DVD is laughable.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I would love to ask Paramount about The Untouchables...Both the original and new version. Both of which were great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks