What's new

Possible release dates for Batman Begins and The Goblet of Fire (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Of course, take this with the appropriate amount of salt.

A poster at AVS who works in Best Buy said he saw this info on a special page put up today inside the Best Buy network itself.

16 Blocks - 6/13
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - 6/13
Syriana - 6/20
Dukes of Hazzard - 6/20
Harry Potter 4 - 6/20
and...
Batman Begins - 6/13

He said this is new info in their system as of today.

Hope it is true, no reason it can't be (we know they ARE coming sometime).

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Batman Begins next week in HD DVD, um...okay.
how is this possible?

Real Name
John S. Troutman
Given that Warner has been announcing these things at the last minute, it stands to reason that - if this IS official - we'll hear about it by Thursday.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

What do you mean? Haven't you been following how messed up Warner Brothers has been as far as the window between announcing a title and the actual release date? There have been several instances in the last few weeks where it has been less than one week between announcement and release. About one week has been pretty typical.

Not saying I believe this info is definite. But that fact that June 13 is 8 days away doesn't mean much.

Edit: Ah, I see John beat me to it!

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I don't think anyone knew about Blazing Saddles and The Fugitive until 4 or 5 days before the release. As for Batman Begins, we've known it was coming since day 1, just not when.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I dunno. Warner has been very good about getting review copies to me on the Friday a week before the release date, and I didn't get anything last week, which makes any 6/13 release seem unlikely to me--I still haven't received a review copy of anything after the ones released today.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

A fellow over at AVS had Best Buy pull up this info and printed it out for him.

I hope those dates hold, but it does say dates are subject to change. if so, hopefully the releases aren't changed by more than a week or so.

They have Happy Gilmore and The Rundown listed as June 6, but I think they are now coming on the 13th. Is that right?

So again, take the info as possible release dates, but clearly nothing is set in stone.

Of course, these titles are supposed to be out either way, so they ARE coming.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Awesome, Sean--thank you. Always nice to see internal documents.

Most of those dates have been fairly accurate, yes?

Yeah, Stiffler & The Rock and Sandler are now next Tuesday, not today.

Interesting tidbits at the bottom: HD DVD gets bumped and Blu-ray will become the endcap upon launch.

Roger J

Stunt Coordinator
Batman Begins will not be out next week. By the end of the month, maybe, but not next week. It is only now being pressed.

Goblet of Fire is ready to go whenever Warner decides to ship it.

Roger J

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, it is "semi-inside" info. Now, if I told you, I'd have to tell everyone else, then everyone else would tell their everyone else. Bottom line, no more semi-inside info.

Besides, I was just passing along what I heard. No one has to believe it. We'll know soon enough anyway.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Hey, Thanks Roger.

Since you are saying that you heard these are no longer "just being planned" but are now real product (one is done and the other is being pressed), it's nice to know they are coming soon either way.

I hope to see Potter this month then, and hopefully BB!

Roger J

Stunt Coordinator
Expect to see Warner dropping in titles on short notice as they have been, probably for the next 2-3 months. As of a couple of weeks ago, Warner alone had over 50 titles in the pipeline. Adding in Universal, Paramount (yes, Paramount will be releasing in the near future), and at least one other company that shall have to remain unnamed at this time that will be releasing soon, the bottleneck is manufacturing. For the most part, Warner is releasing as soon as enough of something is pressed. Universal is playing it a bit differently planning further out but doing fewer titles.

Believe me, this summer will be an expensive one for fans of HD movies.

DanR

Supporting Actor
Can you tell us if some of the rumored fan favorites are in the pipeline, maybe Braveheart? Pretty please?

Regards,
Dan

Roger J

Stunt Coordinator
Specifics on Paramount are the hardest to come by. All I can say about them is their delay is because of an unfortunate mistake that can be easily but not quickly corrected. I have also heard Rattle and Hum will no longer be one of their launch titles due to unacceptible quality master. The only title I have heard with any confidence is Aeon Flux.

If I come across any more info that I can post without implicating a source, I'll do it.

Roger J

Stunt Coordinator
Can't say for sure on Tomb Raider. My guess is that that one will still be among the first. The only one I heard that was changed is Rattle and Hum.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks